Mass Effect 3 Costume/Armor WIP (UPDATES)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks! :D
yeah i poured the molten clay into the pep file to make a clay version of the pep, and i dont have to harden the clay. Ill just put silicone straight ontop of the clay and mould it, then i can cast it in plastic

sorry for the double post but ive been making some slow detailing progress on the helmet sculpt! :D
2011-12-28131947.jpg

2011-12-28132001.jpg

2011-12-28132145.jpg

sorry for the slow progress :( but im a complete sculpting noob so progress, even little progress can take hours on end

Thanks again for the pep, but I was wondering what you did initially to the paper, because it looks hardened. Did you spray it with anything? Let me know if you did anything special.

ahh i see no i did not spray it although i have thought about that to strengthen, that sheen you see on the paper is simply cello-tape which i put on the outside to strengthen, It really helps keep it together during the clay pouring but i wouldnt recommend it if you are planning on resining and bondo-ing the helmet. For my purposes it was perfect! adds strength while also being easy to remove after i finished pouring clay into it :)

thanks guys! :D although drack id trade all of my non-existent sculpting skills for your foam skills anyday, using your advice to keep using new blades atm ^.^ how do you draw out all the templates for your armor which doesnt fit on one page? right now im trying to draw my template onto a newspaper just because its the only size of paper which this piece will fit.. -.-'
have to say tho that my shiny new heat gun makes bending and forming the foam so much easier than with a hairdryer :p

I had a bunch of large card left from my wedding invites. Buying big worked out cheaper. Not sure what site my wife got it from though. As for having a heat gun I totally agree. Makes life so much easier. All I need now to really improve things is to find a blade attachment for my soldering iron. If I don't no biggy as I got over 100 blades left.

ive got a hot knife myself but it doesnt seem to cut very well, probably cuz mines a cheap piece of **** :p but its good to buy one with lots of different interchangeable tips for burning different grooves in :)

I bring updates! :D
2012-01-06181237.jpg

2012-01-06181343.jpg

2012-01-06181428.jpg

2012-01-06181454.jpg

2012-01-06181529.jpg

2012-01-02210205-1.jpg

2012-01-02210238.jpg

2012-01-02210253.jpg

2012-01-07133307.jpg

The perceptive ones of you might notice a cut in the back of the neck of the torso and a cut at the bottom of the ab armor, I had to do some surgery to my pieces because the front was scaled too long and the back was scaled too short... whoops? :p
also those yellow pieces and the last pic is the belt and hip armor, the ones that go around me over the torso armor

probably the last update for the next 4 week seeing as im back at boarding school now, finished the chin detail on the helmet, enjoy!
2012-01-08184856.jpg

not typically no :p
i was just about to go to a wedding and decided to build a bit before leaving and take some pics
oh and for templates im free handing most of it, the only piece so far not be to free handed by me is the crotch plate. Rest is either made from scratch by me or use the mass effect templates volpin used as size reference and drawing over them to create my own custom templates :)

Holy crap man, I'm seriously impressed. Where is the paper pepakura model you used though? Does one exist that you'd be willing to share with your fellow gamer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back