Mass Effect Armor. I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite thread on the 405th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This shephard armor keeps getting better and better. Great stuff nick.

How did you figure out the curves for where the top and bottom pieces join when making your template for the ladies?

-Also, should have course mentioned the build looks amazing as expected from you.

How did you figure out the curves for where the top and bottom pieces join when making your template for the ladies?

-Also, should have course mentioned the build looks amazing as expected from you.

I was not hard. I covered the dome cake pan duct tape, Then I draw the detail line down the middle. After that I cut everything off the dome, and stick it on card stock. Than just cut that out and trace it on foam 6mm foam :)

UPDATED VERSION

318183_10150755029569441_511249440_9291426_286647414_n.jpg

544617_10150755027859441_511249440_9291424_760027732_n.jpg

AWE SNAP!!! he's at it again, Now I'll never catch up.;)

Looking Epic, Nick Nack Patty Wack. You're foam work is just to awesome for words. But thank you greatly for sharing. :D

I'm starting to think he likes the female armor more than his own, lol. Great work anyway.:D

Wow! That's a great pair of...... Well they look nice. One of the nicest foam builds that I've seen done for Mass Effect. Would love to have time to make one like that.

My GOD this is terrible! That omni blade is so awesome i dont think i can ever be more impressed by anything else for the rest of my life! :$

Could i be a sob and impose on you to tell/show more about how you made it?

And thanks for making awesome foam build, i got some great inspiration from your custom reach build aswell! :D

Edit: Doh it was reference photos, i feel so stupid now :( but i will keep a close eye on this build nonetheless!

My GOD this is terrible! That omni blade is so awesome i dont think i can ever be more impressed by anything else for the rest of my life! :$

well, i made an omni blade with these as reference pics, here you can see my version:

022f316b.jpg

55d78168.jpg

you can turn the blade 180° so it rests on the hand piece, and its fulle removable :p

great dude. really nice work on the omni blade. if you can squeeze in some el wire to light it up that would be awesome.

i made a mistake with my version, i made it to my arm, not the armor, so it's too small to go on armor,
unlike the reference pics. they are larger, but it needs a handle to hold it, mine just grabs my arm, so i can still grab things and move my wrist

How did you cut the acrylic for the omni blade? (please don't say with a laser, please don't say with a laser)

I'm working up the courage to start the omni tool to go with my ME3 casual fatigues.

How did you cut the acrylic for the omni blade? (please don't say with a laser, please don't say with a laser)

I'm working up the courage to start the omni tool to go with my ME3 casual fatigues.

haha, i used an cnc cutting machine with a 1 mm drill :p for the markings i went 1 mm deep, the cuttouts i did in 3 steps (each a mm deeper, so the drill doesn't snapp)
it's 3 mm thick plastic

i'm sorry but i'm taking the thread of nick nack, will make my own thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back