master chief faceplate

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizander

hey everybody, I just got an xbox 360 for christmas (boxing day really) and when Halo 3 came out, I bought what I thought was a poster when it was really those wall graffics. Those who bought them would know that the graffics come with a cover, that is shows the master chief picture(only blown up a couple of times) in the container (sorry I cant find a picture of it on the web). anyways, I've measured everything out on the protector and I think it would work. should I cut it up so It would become a face plate??? also to keep it on the faceplate I was thinking I could just use little elastic cords. I'll post a picture later if everyone thinks its a good Idea. also post out your decked out xbox's if you want to too.

thanks

Silverzippo93 said:
What are wall graphix?...

think of them as cut out posters with glue on the back that you can take off the wall once you're done looking at them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these anything like what you have?

If so I think that'd probably work pretty well for a faceplate and you could possibly use some double sided tape to attach it :)

Here's a couple of pics of my 360
th_IMG_4074.jpg th_IMG_4090.jpg
Need to get some better ones under natural lighting though, I'll also paint my GHIII guitar and HD-DVD drive to match :) (working on the guitar faceplate now but I don't want to touch the HD-DVD drive or guitar body until I know i don't have to send them back for whatever reason ;))

I'm diggin that box Belakor. Especially how there are black 'tears' running from the XBOX 360 lettering on the side :)

Hmm those wall grafix look pretty neat on their own.

There's a few places online that offer halo skins for reasonable prices if you want to preserve the posters:

<a href="http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,5065.htm" target="_blank">
Hail to the Chief from DecalGirl</a>

Belakor said:
Are these anything like what you have?

If so I think that'd probably work pretty well for a faceplate and you could possibly use some double sided tape to attach it :)
Here's a couple of pics of my 360
th_IMG_4074.jpg th_IMG_4090.jpg
Need to get some better ones under natural lighting though, I'll also paint my GHIII guitar and HD-DVD drive to match :) (working on the guitar faceplate now but I don't want to touch the HD-DVD drive or guitar body until I know i don't have to send them back for whatever reason ;))

yah, those are the pictures. now look at the second picture, see that theres a protective picture (thats like a preview of what your going to buy?)?? anyways thats what I've cut up. the picture isnt going to be flush on the face of the xbox. my dad brought home some near see- through plastic "paper" that I'm doing my rough copies on. I plan on making the plastic go all the way around, with slots cut out for the vents and plugins. then I'll spary panit that sometime.

smilie120 said:
Wouldent painting you 360 void its warranty? o_O Or am I just being silly?

thats why I'm making a plastic sleeve for it, and I'll spray paint the sleeve.

but then again, I might not, cause te plastic might make my 360 over heat and other bad things happen.

Vexona said:
I'm diggin that box Belakor. Especially how there are black 'tears' running from the XBOX 360 lettering on the side :)...

Thanks Vexona :)
Hopefully I'll have some free time soon so I can finally finish the paintjob, still need to do the controllers and add some UNSC type writing.

smilie120 said:
Wouldent painting you 360 void its warranty? o_O Or am I just being silly?

Yes, it will because you have to open the case to paint it... just so happens that the new RROD warranty plan came out about five days after I opened mine
I guess you could paint it while it's assembled but you'd void your warranty anyway and cause a whole heap of other problems.

If you still want to paint your 360 without voiding the warranty you could always buy an extra faceplate and just paint that, no risk of causing overheating problems either :)

Spartan-K22 said:
mind making a sleeve for me?

Spartan-K22: I probably could, I just have build one first, and see how it works. give me a little while (my grade 9 teachers really load up the homework), and I'll see how it goes.

oh yah, belakor, your 360 looks pretty sweet (as in really awsome).

just a question, but I've heard that the cooling systems short out you 360. Is that true?? couldn't you just buy one, then modify it so it plugs into the wall instead?? of course you would void any warrenty on the cooler, but your 360 would be better off. I might try that, my dad would have to help me, but I would bet money that its possible.

Why not buy a new face plate and stick it on to that. Then give it a coat of a laquer or varnish to stop it from getting damaged, then remove your original faceplate and stick that 1 on?

Sithslayer78 said:
They Recirculate hot air inside the 360. not a good idea. plus, it will void your 360's warranty. Id just take the fans and use them in your next armor build as a cooling device.

Are you intentionally going around necroing 3 year old threads? Seriously? Plz to be checking date before posting, kthxbai.

Flyerfye said:
Are you intentionally going around necroing 3 year old threads? Seriously? Plz to be checking date before posting, kthxbai.

Yeah, this is the 3rd necro I've seen from him in the last 10 minutes. I bet he's just boosting his post count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back