Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I know it's been a LONG time since I posted anything here, but our winter up here has been brutally cold and I've been unable to work in the garage. So I've been working on other stuff and pepping a few things as time goes by. So to recap my daughter has asked me to build her a set of armor, more specifically Kat' s armor. So here are a few pics of that.
dscf3570o.jpg

By misfitjh
dscf3571s.jpg

By misfitjh
I unfortunately do not know who modeled or unfolded this helm as the file does not say, but to who ever did. Great job it was a pleasure to build. I've also built her a weapon to carry
dscf3569w.jpg

By misfitjh again don't know who built the model and unfolded it( I really need to keep better track of that) but great job.

Also I've been building the MA-37
dscf3567a.jpg

By misfitjh
dscf3568f.jpg

By misfitjh for myself to carry as well. I just started the front body section last night so I should have that done soon. I know chevysrule did the model but can't remember if he or some one else did the unfold. Great job on this one very detailed and a def challenge to build. So thats about it till it's warm enough to work in the garage. I'll try to update this more often as to whats going on.

Thanks for checking out my tread, comments and advice are always welcome.

That is some extraordinary pepping on the MA37... You actually did all those little knobs, unbelievable!

They were tricky to do but not imposable. The only thing I've had trouble with so far is the panel on the right side close to the top in the middle was not unfolded so I'll have to build that area up to make it look right before I resin it. Also the mag does not fit in the gun so I'll have to shave that down to make it fit right when I'm done rondoing it. I think it was just the thickness of the card stock that threw out the proportions, I've noticed that a lot in the past that the models are so detailed and so well built that the joints don't allow for the thickness of the card stock. But it's an easy fix to make as you build them so it's no big deal.

As I said in one of the other threads... This is going to be in the UBER class.
Nice work misfitjh! Very good pepping! Sharp. Crisp. No warping. Perfectly Straight edges.

:)

Thanks LongShot I've had it on hold while I do mats chest but I'm almost done the bondo work so I'll be getting back to it soon. And a sneak peek whe the weather has been to cold to work or at night after work when I can't make noise in the garage I've been working on my daughters Kat costume for Halloween
DSCF3590.jpg
DSCF3591.jpg
I've been trying my hand at foam.

I see!!!

Yea I found it quite different between pepping and foaming. Foam building is quite faster, ligher, more durable, cheaper and less toxic.
I'ts just having to learn the skills and add a few differnet tools.

Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I like to use the mat just because I can shred it up to a fine puff with some scissors, which makes it a lot easier to fiberglass those tight areas.

Longshot: I actually stopped using hot glue, it was to messy. My dad got me this glue from work called Klebflex by Wurth, it's made for metal,plastic and rubber. 2 drops of this stuff and it will stick together no probs. You just have to make sure you don't get it on your fingers, or if you do wipe it off right away cause it will stick your fingers together, and it means a hospital trip to get then apart.

Well it's been a LONG time but I'm back in the game, took a break for awhile as work and life got in the way. Had to move as well but the good thing is I have a garage to work in now so I have more control on whats goes on, I've pepped a bunch of helms so I need to get them out for hardening. I'll take a few pics to post this week end when I clean up the garage, still unpacking. But I just wanted to say hi to everyone and I'm here to help if anyone needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back