Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing big to report just finished the first full coat, it got a little cold around here yesterday so it took the resin longer to harden. As soon as this coat dries I'll snap a few pics to post.

Also for anyone reading this I have a question I've looked through the forums and found general answers for this. For the Spartan Laser I've built, (there are pics earlier in the thread for those who are new to reading this) I was thinking of using resin on the outside and spray foam on the inside. I was wondering if anyone has attempted this before, and how they made out.

Ok so I have a second full coat on the chest peace will have pics of that soon. But the BIG news for this update is paint. I finally had the spare funds to buy some paint and primer.
dscf3463.jpg

By misfitjh at 2010-09-15 I still need to get some silver but I'll get that later when i start to weather the helm. I did manage to get the first coat of primer on last night before it got to chill to work.
dscf3461.jpg

By misfitjh at 2010-09-15 Just a couple of touch ups to do and then it's time for colour.

Opps wrong pic
dscf3462b.jpg

By misfitjh at 2010-09-15 for the paint and sorry for the double post it seems to not want to let me edit the posts. It lets me make the corrections but no save them. Maybe if a moderator has a few min to look at this and let me know whats up.

The helm is looking nice! Can't wait to see it painted!

Good work!

Cheers!

Thanks venture for the tip I'll give it a try the next time I post.
And thanks to Sutekhian and Longshot for the compliments.

I'm hoping to have the fixes done and the first coat of paint on tonight. I even bought a heater to keep the garage at a reasonable temp to work in.

wow your helm looks so smooth! annnd its funny you're using the "italian olive" krylon paint because i was looking at that exact same thing a couple of weeks ago just browsing for color ideas :D cant wait to see how it turns out!

Well trebek wait no longer.... Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, misfits of all ages we have COLOUR.
dscf3471.jpg

By misfitjh at 2010-09-15
dscf3470b.jpg

By misfitjh at 2010-09-15
dscf3469i.jpg

By misfitjh at 2010-09-15 And now that I look at the pics I notice the flash really lightens it up it's darker in real life. Now onto the satin black and then weathering followed by the satin clear coat.

Wow... yea! Nice color. It's gona be a Master Chief!!!!!

Cheers!

Dang. This is looking nice.

Have you resin the thighs? Whenever I resin them, they warp something awful. I've tried 3 times. How did you brace them when you resin and harden them? Or have you not gotten that far?

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and for tagging along on this journey.
Hickeydog My thigh peace did warp just ever so slightly. I used a 2L pop bottle as a brace LOL you can see it in some of my pics now and then. So I continued to paint the helm today.
dscf3473n.jpg

By misfitjh at 2010-09-16
dscf3472a.jpg

And then the silver touches.
dscf3474p.jpg

dscf3475w.jpg

dscf3479h.jpg

dscf3476x.jpg

By misfitjh
dscf3477.jpg

By misfitjh
So all i have left is to pad the inside and finish the visors.

Thanx Ace I just have to put a couple of coats of clear satin to seal it and I'm done with paint. Now onto the chest. ANd You Kat armor turned out SWEET you did an amazing job.

Yea... What Ace said.
Blackwashing and the drybrushing. Looks good.

Thank longshot, that was my first attempt at doing that. Never did it before. I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Ok just a pic update. Been fiberglassing the inside of the chest but I also did some thing different this time. You'll notice in the pic the two pink areas, I covered the front detail from the inside with a good thick layer of bondo so that I can carve out the detail on the outside with out punching trough the fiber glass. I also built and resined the left bicep.
dscf3481j.jpg

By misfitjh
dscf3484p.jpg

By misfitjh

Just a minor update, still fiberglassing the chest and back. But I got this in the mail today
dscf3498l.jpg

By misfitjh
Going to take it apart and incorporate into the helm just need to find a place for the speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back