Mech/Exoskeleton Build (Full-Size )

In halo wars 2 the grunts drive mechs called "goblins" apparently. Armed with giant needlers.
Grunt mechs are indeed are indeed called goblins. They are also in halo 5 as bosses. They can jump super high, melee and instantly destroy any grade of warthog or spartan armor(or any vehicle that is smaller than a warthog). It is extremely mobile, shutes meddler shards as big as your arm, takes 3 hits give or take to die, and can launch a swarm of death that is about 12 sticky grenades(two per player within a large radius, twelve in total max) that slowly home twards players and vehicles. Also has a cannon that it can charge and fire like aminigun, and EMPs any vehicle that gets to close. It sounds terrible but it is soooo fun to fight because it is basically a little grunt inside a giant grunt screaming stupid stuff through a megaphone at you XD
H5-Guardians-Concept-Art-Grunt-Mech.0.jpg
halo-5-warzone-firefight-grunt-goblin.jpg.optimal.jpg
needle-death-b244452c00e148edaa99c4cef5bca317.jpg

Sorry for the huge derail dump... it is just such a fun thing everyone should know about...

Grunt mechs are indeed are indeed called goblins. They are also in halo 5 as bosses. They can jump super high, melee and instantly destroy any grade of warthog or spartan armor(or any vehicle that is smaller than a warthog). It is extremely mobile, shutes meddler shards as big as your arm, takes 3 hits give or take to die, and can launch a swarm of death that is about 12 sticky grenades(two per player within a large radius, twelve in total max) that slowly home twards players and vehicles. Also has a cannon that it can charge and fire like aminigun, and EMPs any vehicle that gets to close. It sounds terrible but it is soooo fun to fight because it is basically a little grunt inside a giant grunt screaming stupid stuff through a megaphone at you XDView attachment 272648 View attachment 272649View attachment 272650

Sorry for the huge derail dump... it is just such a fun thing everyone should know about...
Never thought I'd say it, but maybe I should launch Halo 5 a second time. Or resume my Halo Wars 2 run, cause that looks pretty sweet and hilarious.

Grunt mechs are indeed are indeed called goblins. They are also in halo 5 as bosses. They can jump super high, melee and instantly destroy any grade of warthog or spartan armor(or any vehicle that is smaller than a warthog). It is extremely mobile, shutes meddler shards as big as your arm, takes 3 hits give or take to die, and can launch a swarm of death that is about 12 sticky grenades(two per player within a large radius, twelve in total max) that slowly home twards players and vehicles. Also has a cannon that it can charge and fire like aminigun, and EMPs any vehicle that gets to close. It sounds terrible but it is soooo fun to fight because it is basically a little grunt inside a giant grunt screaming stupid stuff through a megaphone at you XDView attachment 272648 View attachment 272649View attachment 272650

As OP and general poo-bah of this thread I don't mind.

Quick update video about what's been going on/whats planned.

Quick vid about the newly implemented shift stick.

Going to a family reuinion this 4th through the weekend so no mech work, but on the plus side relatives I've never seen before.

Next weekend (around the 14th) gonna plop the engine on and give MARDUK its first shakedown drive, complete with steering, gear shifting and optical system: only thing missing will be dust covers/ left arm.

By the end of the month I should be ready to challenge Megabots.

So back to mech work. Finally working on a new GUI that won't blink. Spent most of my free time yesterday figuring out how it works. Bad news is I can't figure out how to import pictures onto the camera feed so I'm drawing the GUI vertex by vertex D:

gui.jpg

Good news is I can make all sorts of doohickeys and geegaws without the worry of flickering. Plus I have a HDMI converter for the camera cable so I don't have to deal with the fiddly ribbon to connect the optical system to the camera. Currently working on the basic code on my desktop then when I think its all set I'll transfer it to the optical system core and tweak it there.

For my birthday I installed the engine and did a small testrun. Need to:

-rebuild the steering system with bowden cables or reinforce the front wheel forks
-calibrate the transmission: reverse gear is very slow.
-get better tire pins (current ones fall off)
-cockpit hatch doesn't stay open when propped

A bit more work. Arm panel, upper dust covers, re-working foot treadles.
IMG_20190721_174439830_HDR.jpg
Head removed so I can install the camera (HDMI connection), optical system is one neat & tidy package ready to install.
Still figuring out proper calibration of the steering system. Finally started raining too :/

Scrapped the cable steering. Too complicated.
IMG_20190725_191044780.jpg
Used a few levers instead.
IMG_20190725_191058272.jpgIMG_20190725_191110411_HDR.jpgIMG_20190725_191203749.jpgIMG_20190725_191124251_HDR.jpg
Kinda confusing. Maybe color code it or something.

Foot pedal thingies.

IMG_20190725_191217386.jpg
The leg connecting rods need to be reinforced. Gonna get some metal L brackets next week (doing some chainsawing for my dad this weekend)

Attachments

• IMG_20190725_191154935.jpg
    IMG_20190725_191154935.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 248

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back