Mech/Exoskeleton Build (Full-Size )

Added a mod that gives more shoulder motion.

armmotion.jpg

That isn't even my final form the limit! Would've tested that but there's nothing holding on the arm but a loose PVC fitting. Gonna dupe it for the right arm and cement it all tomorrow. Works much better than the old version.

Last edited:
Arms fell off D: but the tension bungees kept 'em from hitting the ground -didn't use enough PVC cement. Fixed the right arm with more PVC glue, extended the waldo controls to be more comfy and added a few crossbraces to prevent future disconnections...

mech in the snow.jpg

All while under the tarp while the blizzard swirled around me. . Now I know what to do I can duplicate it on the other arm. Fun fun!

Now if the snow stops I could take the tarp off and test the arms!

I'm watching the first few minutes of this video and I'm thinking, "An unmanned drive test? What could POSSIBLY go wrong?!"
But then I realized that you were controlling so that's good. But then I could barely hear what you are saying because of the engine!
But this is very expensive to make!

That could work!

I could try salt/sanding an area, but the cost of that would probably exceed that of some tire chains. Should be getting them in the next few days, then another test drive on the weekend. Kinda hate having to break my video-a-day schedule but I cannot to much else: finally started another job so no more lazy weekdays for me.

I also have a few 50lb tractor weights I position over the rear axel of my vehicles to get more traction. Maybe I could do something similar with the mech...

edit: my last video just got like 10x the normal traffic, surely it isn't everyone frome here is it?

Last edited:
I could try salt/sanding an area, but the cost of that would probably exceed that of some tire chains. Should be getting them in the next few days, then another test drive on the weekend. Kinda hate having to break my video-a-day schedule but I cannot to much else: finally started another job so no more lazy weekdays for me.

I also have a few 50lb tractor weights I position over the rear axel of my vehicles to get more traction. Maybe I could do something similar with the mech...

edit: my last video just got like 10x the normal traffic, surely it isn't everyone frome here is it?

Well, you have to take into consideration about people who stumble across it and for those who also shared it. If you were able to get 10x the normal traffic, it must be interesting to some one.

Well, you have to take into consideration about people who stumble across it and for those who also shared it. If you were able to get 10x the normal traffic, it must be interesting to some one.

That's what I'm thinking. It's the first time I climb up in and try to use the arms & drive at the same time, so it is more interesting than me poking the camera up MARDUK'S skirts, so to speak. Maybe when I actually get it driving around it will go even bigger!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back