Meet the first real halo spartan... omg

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am speechless.. i was just doing some research and i found this guys... this is so beyond belief. yet at the same time i was really moved... so sad.. though.. please reed.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/06/project-grizzly-guy-forced-to-auction-trojan-halo-suit/

trojansuit.jpg

This has been posted a LONG time ago. It is sad though. It would have really helped Law enforcement and the military.

-Pony

:O he's from hamilton... its a city like 30 mins away from me, what a sad story.
"Are you looking at my clock" gotta love how its on his crotch haha

This guy is like the stepping stone for the next gen of
armor for the military. It's tragic that it wasn't put into production.
I had seen this guy on youtube a while back.

The reason the suit is so resistant to gunfire is that it is filled with balistics padding. Other than that expense, the rest of the stuff is just doodads.
Couldn' really call the suit a "spartan" suit, because it isn't powered.
Still, if a 1 guy could do this, imagine what the government could do...

thats exactly why the gov't hasnt supported him, we think its futuristic but its really leagues behind. i mean for god's sake the military has allready discovered a cloaking material.

it would make a hell of an under suit though

thats exactly why the gov't hasnt supported him, we think its futuristic but its really leagues behind.
Right. It was in the 80's (I think) reports of triangle shaped UFOs were seen. Recently info about the "flying wing" spyplane has been released that fits the description of the UFOs.
Television was technically invented before 1919, but the guy never figured out how to make pictures with it. In '33 at a world's fair the first tele was shown.
Tesla proclaimed we would eventually send text, music and pictures using radiowaves. And what happened? We did, and Tesla isn't taught to children in most schools. What other technology was opressed? What other technology lurks in the vast beaurocracy of America? Death rays? Ironmonger? Slipspace drives? Ah, if only the government wasn't so secretive.
But then it might be like the "Magic carpets" of the 50's. They built basically a fan with a control platform on top and did a small public release (to see people's reactions) and everyone wanted one, but they couldn't supply the "Magic Carpets" because they were so darn expensive to make.

Saw this guy on you tube but that "boom shield" (Gears of War Referance) is new. Call me a dreamer but one day i'm gona make a full functioning Spartan suit. Ive seen what colleges have done and personaly, i think they've been over complicating it bit for some reason.

How much does this thing weigh? Remember that a soldier has to live in his equipment. This seems like a solution in search of a problem.

Saw this guy on you tube but that "boom shield" (Gears of War Referance) is new. Call me a dreamer but one day i'm gona make a full functioning Spartan suit. Ive seen what colleges have done and personaly, i think they've been over complicating it bit for some reason.
I already have a power armor proof of concept or two kicking around my dorm. I'm currently doing some research into powering it. An Americium 242 reactor seems best (requires 1% of the fuel a uranium reactor needs). Although something is just nagging at me that I am missing something crucial, something so simple that everyone has overlooked it... but what?
Huh, food for thought.

Pay no attention to me, I'm only getting an engineering degree and talking to northrop grumman and the DoD because this is only exactly what my calling in life is.....
>.>
Robotics and Armor, it's all I dream about.
I use to like the concept of making prosthesis for soldiers who had lost a limb fighting for us, but then I thought to myself "....what if they didn't lose the limb in the first place?"

I would want to bet there are already "suits" out there but more similiar along the lines of Ghost Recon Advance Warfare......

But then you think, if we have this cool secret stuff being used by probably the best marines out there....Why the heck are we still in a war we can't win?? Send in the "spartans" behind enemy lines and they wont know WTF happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back