Halo Infinite Mark VII build (my first suit!)

Chronomize

I just recently got my second 3D printer—ELEGOO Neptune 4—and I think it's time for me to make some Halo armour. I have all the files I need, I've scaled them (hopefully) to my body, and now I've got to print it all out!
This is how it will look minus the cat ears (armourwise anyway)!
1691471573058.png

As of posting this thread, I've printed removeable Purrfect Audio and Fascinator helmet attachments and have started on the helmet. Will post updates :)

1691471840101.png
1691471887686.png

Last edited:
Clean print, good luck with the suit, have you decided how you are going to attach the pieces together? are you gonna use fiberglass resin? or just pray to the glue gods?

Clean print, good luck with the suit, have you decided how you are going to attach the pieces together? are you gonna use fiberglass resin? or just pray to the glue gods?
I haven't quite decided yet. Not glue though. What do you recommend?

I haven't quite decided yet. Not glue though. What do you recommend?
What kind of filament did you use on the prints? Superglue is good on PLA/PLA+, and maybe PETG too. Some people have better luck with adhesives like E6000 (which gives you a bit more working time too). Always make sure to rough up the gluing surfaces with sandpaper first to help with adhesion.

After gluing parts together, you can further increase the strength, such as with print welding or backing it with fibreglass/resin, like Kahn suggested

I printed the helmet details that evening, and both bicep pieces overnight (they barely fit on the build plate both at once)
Here are the biceps
I've also begun printing the right forearm
Thought about doing those both at once too, but decided against it :)

1691811988640.png1691812014124.png1691812028078.png1691812040362.png

Sorry it's been a while. I decided I'll start doing more substantial updates from now on instead of many tiny ones.
I printed out the glove plates, maybe too small. What do you guys think?
The gloves I bought haven't come in yet, so you get my bare hand
1692167214051.png
Printed the shoulders too, but they had like an inch deviated layer shift, so I broke off the pieces that shifted and I haven't decided whether to try melt them back together (with my wood burner) or print them again.
1692167238309.png
Finally, I printed half of the left thigh armour piece, which fits pretty good! It had a minor layer shift, but it's barely noticeable and will be less so with post processing. I've started on the top half.
1692167272542.png

Sorry it's been over a week! I went to a youth camp for four days, and consecutively got sick (I think it's COVID-19 again.) I have completed both shins and the belt now, and I'll take some pictures later with all I have completed together at once. Cya then!

Reading how a couple different print jobs had layer shifting plus your photos... I'd say it would be worth your while to slow down the printer and maybe do more testing/adjusting/tuning. A weekend spent dialing in the printer will save you 10x that on the first build alone.

Reading how a couple different print jobs had layer shifting plus your photos... I'd say it would be worth your while to slow down the printer and maybe do more testing/adjusting/tuning. A weekend spent dialing in the printer will save you 10x that on the first build alone.
I have a feeling it might just be the filament, but IDK. I bought it on AliExpress. Or maybe my bands aren't tight enough, but yeah I'll slow it down a bit for the last pieces

Last edited:
Since the last update, I've welded together the parts I had, and started applying Bondo
Spot the seams (impossible)
Compress_20230902_140810_0134.jpg
The ones I've done so far
Compress_20230902_154930_0192.jpg
Printed the chest piece too (hot off the printer, so not welded or sanded yet)
Compress_20230902_140717_7498.jpg
I'm gonna sand them with a finer grit after I've Bondoed everything and then start with the filler primer
Tips appreciated as this is my first time :)

Attachments

• Compress_20230902_140717_7498.jpg
    Compress_20230902_140717_7498.jpg
    521.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Compress_20230902_140810_0134.jpg
    Compress_20230902_140810_0134.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 87
I'm gonna sand them with a finer grit after I've Bondoed everything and then start with the filler primer
Tips appreciated as this is my first time :)
This looks so good!! Are you just coating it with Bondo before priming? Saw some people were combining bondo with some acetone to make it easier to coat the entire thing. I haven't tried it myself, just curious cause you did a fantastic job of covering everything.

This looks so good!! Are you just coating it with Bondo before priming? Saw some people were combining bondo with some acetone to make it easier to coat the entire thing. I haven't tried it myself, just curious cause you did a fantastic job of covering everything.
I'm using an acetone and Bondo mix. It's actually pretty cool

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back