Halo Infinite Mark VII build (my first suit!)

Compress_20230906_200940_0550.jpg

This looks so good!! Are you just coating it with Bondo before priming? Saw some people were combining bondo with some acetone to make it easier to coat the entire thing. I haven't tried it myself, just curious cause you did a fantastic job of covering everything.
i have done the acetone and spot putty and yes it lets you cover it with out taking out a lot of details. but make sure you were you PPE because it will make you sick dont ask how i know and lots of fresh air.

Is 15% infill overkill? That's what I've been using
From what I've seen, 15% is standard on the forums, before the forums, I've personally always used 20% and above, but I've had LOTS of success lately using a setting set similar to Sgtsaint, mostly just thicker walls, lower infill, and at least with pla+, its working really good. It all depends on the part though. Hopefully this helps :)

Since the last update, I've welded together the parts I had, and started applying Bondo
Spot the seams (impossible)
View attachment 335302
The ones I've done so far
View attachment 335303
Printed the chest piece too (hot off the printer, so not welded or sanded yet)
View attachment 335301
I'm gonna sand them with a finer grit after I've Bondoed everything and then start with the filler primer
Tips appreciated as this is my first time :)
Holy Bondo Batman!!

Ain't no way I'm gonna see a print line or seam after that! lol

I've finished post processing, so now paint and I'm done with everything but the harness, electronics (if I do any), and visor! Let's go!

Okay
I'm not in love with this scheme
I think I'll get a lighter grayscale and green
IDK about the purple yet
What do you all think?
Kinda sucks I made this revelation after applying it to my helmet, but hey, lesson learned
View attachment 336247
Test spoons !!! I can't emphasize how important and useful these are. Just grab some plastic spoons for a few bucks and spray those and then you can compare it to the physical primered helmet, and see if thats the color you want to go with. Ypu can even test put if paints work together, or if clearcoats ruin the paint, because some are REALLY not compatable, speaking from experience haha.

Test spoons !!! I can't emphasize how important and useful these are. Just grab some plastic spoons for a few bucks and spray those and then you can compare it to the physical primered helmet, and see if thats the color you want to go with. Ypu can even test put if paints work together, or if clearcoats ruin the paint, because some are REALLY not compatable, speaking from experience haha.
Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely do that in the future

Okay
I'm not in love with this scheme
I think I'll get a lighter grayscale and green
IDK about the purple yet
What do you all think?
Kinda sucks I made this revelation after applying it to my helmet, but hey, lesson learned
View attachment 336247
What color is this and what brand i love that purple color. by the way the helmet looks great. remember the color is what you want it to be it has to make you happy.

Oooooo that is a nice purple. are you going to two tone the color on the helmet? if so cant wait to see what colors you use.
Yeah I'm gonna do a similar scheme to what it was before, only lighter, and grey instead of black (and hopefully do a better job masking it!)

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back