Microsoft Cracking Down On Pep Files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Dogwizard,still got some hammers left,because we're gonna need them,J/K j/k j/k j/k.But if worse comes and they ban all our files,I will march up there with armor and bust a cap in they're arse.NO KIDDING.

mjolnir follower said:
Hey Dogwizard,still got some hammers left,because we're gonna need them,J/K j/k j/k j/k.But if worse comes and they ban all our files,I will march up there with armor and bust a cap in they're arse.NO KIDDING.

i can see the headline know

'fanatical fan kills bill gates after banning a costuming medium'

the attacker known only as 'Mjolnir follower' smacked bill gates over the head with a prop designed to look like a grav hammer from a popular microsoft game

the attacker went after bill gate the owner of microsoft because the banned all files that were designed for a program called 'pepakura designer'

there is now a world wide man hunt for any people involved with a suspect terrorist organization called 'the 405th'.

don't know about anyone else but i don't want any of that to happen

:]

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, another one! Here's a note they sent yesterday, which I just saw this morning:

=========================================================================

Medium riskYou may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk

Sent: Tue 9/22/09 10:23 AM

To: ral_partha

Hello,

We received a complaint that some files in your account are breaking our

terms of use and contain illegal or abusive information. These files were

moved to the 'Abuse' folder and access to them was disabled.

You can remove those files so they will not consume your storage space.

Thank you!

--

Best regards,

4shared Support Team

support@4shared.com

============================================================================

They took out all Halo 3: ODST related stuff just in time for the game release. I'll rename and upload them in a few days. Right now, I'm just too busy with real-world stuff.

Wow that sucks O:<

Well if you want, I can help you and host those ODST files on my google site

Basically create a backup source :D

LastSpartan said:
If we can't host on 4shared, we'll just host it somewhere else...

pssssssssssssst.. http://www.torproject.org/ use, test, upload to new site. profit!

Also could make a little application that starts a big indexed torrent of pep files, and lets you grab whichever ones you want, kinda like the blizzard downloader but with a big list of pep files. Might need a server to fetch the index and track it, though.

kensai111 said:
Just a reminder, the 405th Source is still working on a pepakura download hub and has been for a little while now, it's a long tedious process but it will be much more organized and reliable when it's finished including an uber search engine. There's only X amount of staff members, doing what we can when we can... promise to get it up as soon as possible :)

PS: We DO have all the pep files backed up ;) . Also, Microsoft owns the rights to Halo in association with Bungie.. they can very well do whatever they like as anyone who owns a copyright to a product.

lol copyright, lol wordpress.

I sent a message to Halo Waypoint aka 343 Studios run by Frankie since they are the official Halo division of Microsoft to get some clarification. I'll update when I get an answer from Bungie. Pretty sure it's just a Microsoft bot running around auto-banning.

Cheers,

Kensai

I highly doubt Microsoft is idiotic enough to bomb the costuming community of one of their biggest franchises. They may be greedy, but they're not stupid.

If they are, however, I'm sure the files will still circulate just as they have.

....Did you get that answer yet? XD
I just stumbled on to this when browsing around XD

I'm not sure this is a good idea... lol

well worst comes to worst ... we can just move to another file sharing place... its not really that big of an issue i dont think... as long as we all choose the same one that would be optinmal and groovy awsome lol or we could feedM$ some boomstick?? lol dont just shop smart shop s-mart >.> anyways i think it would be very stupid of them either way to have them do this ....as more or less it wouldnt be ms ...it would be bungie as they designed the 3d models..... i think is more or less on creating the 3d models extremely similar to their work ..... maybe if there was a way as to never see the 3d model in the left side then maybe they wouldnt be such an ass about it if they were to do waht theyre doing..... cause what were doing is creating a 3d model from a game slicing it up and calling it ours.... sure we put alot f work into the models and slicing it up into forearms thighs etc.... but who really created them? the designers at bungie! bleh i unno what more to say...but if gamesworkshop finds out we have pep armor hoo hooo look out they are worse.... any gaming system similar to theirs sued.... any game that used a similar name... sued........ if you used space marine as a name in your new game ....you guessed it SUED......its a marine and its in space ......lol like really i think the whole marine thing is silly and so is this 3d models thing and the pep thing going on.....

All my work all my time and hard work gone, there is nothing in my 4shared when I just checked it this morning.

Sent: Fri 7/15/10 11:12pm
To: Cylonproject2000@Yahoo.com
Hello,
We received a complaint that some files in your account are breaking our terms of use and contain illegal or abusive information. These files were moved to the Abuse folder and access to them was disabled.You can remove those files so they will not consume your storage space.Thank you!
--
Best regards,
4shared Support Team
support@4shared.com

OMG I think I know who complained, Nintendude
A while back, this guy called m3ggawatts (or something like that) stole a bunch of files from AceHigh and from you, I think?
And now he's getting payback for being banned a second time!

I downloaded some of your files the other day if you don't have back ups, nintendude. Let me know if you need a copy.

Mainly Section 8 stuff, but I got the Ghostbusters packs too.

Also Cirkob, this thread was almost a year old there buddy. I don't think anything ever came of it.

I know, sorry =(
I just stumbled upon it this morning.....
And I also have a few of your files, the Crysis nanosuit, Section 8 stuff, Oblivion helmets, DC-17, RC files, Mandalorian, FN49 (I think it's yours...) and Clone trooper files (which I also think are yours) and the Malgus helmet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back