microsoft paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradoxdj

ok, just recently i found out that i have a talent for msp you can see some of my work here there isn't much yet because i only discovered this talent like 3 days ago.

what do you think?

can anyone else on the site do this? if so show us

ok i uploaded onto photobucket

here they are:

assassinscreed.jpg

dragon.jpg

ducky.jpg
\
mangaelf.jpg

signature.jpg

sword.jpg

now that that's fixed what do you think?

im amazed that people can do this stuff. You should watch the guy that paints the mona lisa in msp thats a amazing

i have seen that on youtube...it's so amazing but the way that he starts out is kinda odd, i think

all i really use as my main tool is the curve tool and my imagination...i'v been told i'm pretty creative.

half of this stuff i kinda just drew a line or two and said "what can i make this into?"
i'm also not cheap, i do everything with a mouse not anything with a stylus (i think it gives it a better more comp. made look)

Very nice work! I know some of the steps or processes you used, but you have been practicing, very very nice work with MS paint.

i just started drawing with ms paint like 3 days ago so these are all i'v done to practice...but i do draw alot so that might help.
but i do use one or two very basic guide lines to start off the pic but after those are covered they get erased and then i start doing thins without even knowing why until a little later on...i think it's because i have a mental picture of it but i don't know about it. what ever

no one has posted anything but me i want to know who else can draw in microsoft paint.

Wow that's amazing, all I can do on MSP is edit pictures...or just do a bunch of scribbles.

ya thats all i used to be able to do until i found the curve tool

Last edited by a moderator:
theres a curve tool in msp? i always like drew it by hand took for ever to get right

nice rubix cub love solving them (under 5 mins for me with just taking it nice and slow)

yes there's a curve tool in ms paint it's the squiggly line beside the "line tool". it is almost like drawing it by hand only a little easier...my mouse tends to jump from on place to the other when ever i try to use the pencil or paintbrush alone, it's really annoying that's why i use the line and curve tools

thats really good D32. i like your style

my dragons mouth isn't open...i added a closed mouth (if anyone thought that the two things coming from his cheeks were his mouth, they're not)

paradoxdj you should get photoshop cs3 theres a way to hack it when you download the 30 demo. The only "hacking" skills you need is to move a file to a location

Spartan 051 said:
paradoxdj you should get photoshop cs3 theres a way to hack it when you download the 30 demo. The only "hacking" skills you need is to move a file to a location

well i have photoshop 6.0 (i believe) on my comp. at my dads place but i only like using that for graphic effects, not so much for drawing.

Spartan 051 said:
Might be better off using Illustrator CS3, or just get the whole CS3 pack.

i still like using the good old ms paint for now, it's just something i do for fun so i'm not going to spend a bunch of money on something i'm never gonna use

Paint.NET is waaaaaaaaaaay better than MSPaint, think of it as a unofficial v2.0. and it's free! woot!
Wait, here's the link Paint.NET.

There is, of course, the gimp, but I think it sucks... it's nowhere near photoshop (and nowhere near as expensive), but I think the gimp is for people who enjoy linux a bit too much. too complicated compared to paint.net or photoshop. and since photoshop costs as much as my pc or more, i think paint.net is really the best.

BTW, your images look great, but: with a mouse? you've got serious talent, consider getting a graphic tablet. Go for a Wacom. I got a cheap one from some other firm, and it sucked. I really enjoyed my Wacom, but i didn't use it much so i gave it away. Small is fine, you don't have to move your arm as much with smaller tablets ;)

paradoxdj said:
i'm also not cheap, i do everything with a mouse not anything with a stylus (i think it gives it a better more comp. made look)

Some artists might get offended by saying drawing with a stylus is 'cheap'. Mice do not have pressure sensitivity or stroke angles so a lot of styles will require the use of a tablet. Styluses are also a natural preference for many traditional artists who have turned to the digital canvas.

BTW, your images look great, but: with a mouse? you've got serious talent, consider getting a graphic tablet. Go for a Wacom.

Wacoms are *very* nice. I bought a small one when I was back in college (it was like 100 bucks or something) and it still works great. I'd love to have one of the giant tablets now that I'm working professionally but the cost on the particular one I want is a bit prohibitive still ;)

You can use wacoms to emulate rough, textured Japanese Woodblock prints but *also* to do crisp, vector illustrations. You can get a lot of variety when using them with software like Adobe PS, Illustrator, or Corel Painter. These programs have a variety of advantages such as...layers, custom brushes, textures, resolution tuning, color correction, pressure sensitivity, rich color palettes, etc etc. Truly, Adobe's gift to man. You can obtain copies of these programs without...shall we say, breaking the piggy bank ;)

Tablets can make drawing more intuitive but I wouldn't say it's any easier. Tablets cannot make a 'bad' artist good...they're like any other medium in this regard and they certainly have a learning curve!

Good luck with your art :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back