***MICROSOFT RELEASES NEW GAME CONTENT USAGE RULES***

Status
Not open for further replies.
darkesword2020 said:
Here are some of the things my dad said.

1. They can't sue if it's fan art.

2. They can sue if it's mass produced.

3. They can sue if you claim it as your own image.

4. They can sue if you sell their "image".

...there were some other things he said but I wasn't paying 100 percent attention though. I might be misquoting what he said....so if I'm wrong please don't take it the wrong way. ;-)

good thing i'm not good enough to make my armor in the "image"

Last edited by a moderator:
This is all okay for us, if we get Bungie's concent on the 405th then we're clear but even now most of us are clear because its fan art...so it should be okay to enter costume contests. But which company owns Halo Bungie(the creators) or mircisoft (the distributer)?

Bungie owns Halo, but M$ has the rights to it, so its basically the same....damn Bungie's founder for giving them to the evil ones....this sucks for the Machinama people....I had planned on making one but i guess I can't now

:roll:

The novels are liscensed you ... guys.

Read the back of the freaking cover:
Used under liscense Copyright 2001 Microsoft corporation.

And I'm going to say it again... nothing has really changed. We knew these rules here at the site before, and how to avoid breaking them. Read here: http://www.mjolnirarmor.com/forums/viewtop...ht=legal+issues

It's only illegal to sell armor is you market it as official 'Halo' Armor and use their trademakred logos and names to promote it... fan made, and scratch built stuff is perferctly fine.

As long as you do not produce in mass.

Mass production is when your not making it for one person- your making hundreds upon hundreds of lets say SMGS-thats mass productions, because your selling it to anyone.

I cant believe this.

Allright next week we'll travell to the 'HQ' of microsft and we'll occupie it.
"Give us our halo fan rights back or we shall (u can think of something)."

Sorry just got carried away in the dramatic.

But come on, sounds got to be original?
if so why would you even other making machinima?
And most of the machinima series that are being made are for free.
Microsoft: What are u complainin about?

They still distribute the games and make a hell of a profit of those and hell. they didn't even create it. Love bungie, hate microsoft.

Its was those guys at microsoft who caused the release of halo 2 for computer to be on vista and not on XP, so they could make a larger profit.

This is funny, its like the basically went to this site, and made everything we are doing illegal. We cant even mention the game's name without get slapped on the wrists for trademark offenses :judge: lol. Guess we are going to have to go under ground <.<

SPARTAN-430 said:
This is funny, its like the basically went to this site, and made everything we are doing illegal. We cant even mention the game's name without get slapped on the wrists for trademark offenses :judge: lol. Guess we are going to have to go under ground <.<

Waaaaaaayyy ahead of ya. If you are ever in my neck of the woods, stop by my iMac powered bunker. :mrgreen:

Kiltmanfortytwo said:
SPARTAN-430 said:

Waaaaaaayyy ahead of ya. If you are ever in my neck of the woods, stop by my iMac powered bunker. :mrgreen:

Thats it!! We will fight back with not using their products anymore. Cross out Zune, sell the name "iZune" to Apple and then iXbox360 and iHalo 3, and iWindows. WE ARE GENIUSES :lindsey:

I am now creating some iMjolnir armor based on the iSpartan. My armor just works, no RROD for me.

Actually, apple just recently took out several patents with no practical uses except gaming, so prepare for the iBox!!

Kiltmanfortytwo said:
I am now creating some iMjolnir armor based on the iSpartan. My armor just works, no RROD for me.

Actually, apple just recently took out several patents with no practical uses except gaming, so prepare for the iBox!!

ispartan??? :lindsey:

Kiltmanfortytwo said:
absolutely nothing. Wait, a thought just hit me!!

History repeats itself!! Ten years ago we tried the same thing with the letter "e"!!

*flash back: Hey Mark, Ill "E-Mail" the answers later!"*

*shivers* iMail?

massivek said:
hey SPARTAN-430

did you get my i-mail?

(just kidding)

Don't scare me like that, I seriously though that the Y2K bug was taking effect for a minute. *Phew*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back