***MICROSOFT RELEASES NEW GAME CONTENT USAGE RULES***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spartan-419 said:
Here's the way I see it.

We can still make our movies and whatnot, we can make machinima out of Halo 3 multiplayer (I mean, that's what they added the saved games for, right?) and we can still make our armor. As long as we don't sell any of those, they videos sit in a computer and we show them to people to be "cool", and we don't do anything mainstream with our armor (grocery shopping in-costume doesn't count) then we should be good.

So...I CAN still make my armor? Can I still go to a Convention with it??? I mena, Micro$oft wont be there at an ANIME CON will they?!

I do think all of this is B.S. though

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this doesn't affect my machinema project...
I was going to do a whole backstory/forerunner/Ark thing (all I want to give away right now)...
stupid microsoft...
It's not like I'd be making a profit off of it, it would be distributed freely.
grr!!
:mad: :mad:
(DO NOT STEAL MY MACHINEMA IDEA/CONCEPT.)

Actually, it looks like M$ is closing it's fists too fast.
There was a link on My Yahoo (months ago), about game designers making more games for macs. Interesting thing is, this was about a week after M$ anounced that dX10 would only run on Vista. Coincidence?

I was learning directX, but now I'm working on learning openGL; dang, $300 worth of books on dX too, but I can still apply the concepts.

SPARTAN-105 said:
I hope this doesn't affect my machinema project...
I was going to do a whole backstory/forerunner/Ark thing (all I want to give away right now)...
stupid microsoft...
It's not like I'd be making a profit off of it, it would be distributed freely.
grr!!
:mad: :mad:
(DO NOT STEAL MY MACHINEMA IDEA/CONCEPT.)

Acording to them on their take on machinema you cannot make one unless you have "Created by Bungie and Microsoft and blah blah blah" and you MUST make it within the boundries of the game itself...so yeah. Microsoft is ******* itself over.

There’s still a way to do some of these things we’ve excluded, but you have to contact us for a commercial license.
Is there a way Mjolnir Armor could apply for a comercial license so people can sell props (example: Link selling ARs) on this site or do you think Micro$oft will make us pay fees or give them a cut of the money.

thats why you write all your mjolnir, H4LO (ha its not illegal anymore!!!), and armor makin stuff to dvd before they force it to be revoved,.... and if they do shut down this site, which i doubt they will do, how will they get all of us and all the other sites to comply...

Sean Bradley said:
Very interesting:
Pepakura is officially illegal.
Armor for profit is officially illegal.
Using clips of dialog on your MP3 players is officially illegal
Making 'Halo ____' anything is officially illegal
Wow... can't wait to see how they're going to enforce that broad of a set of rules. Sounds like they're going to start targeting their own fanbase...
Good luck with that!
BTW.... wrong forum... moving this to 'Halo Universe"
hahhahaha officially you need to find the new rules because bungie the creates of halo are now an independent company

Gravemind said:
Remember, Microsoft still owns the Halo franchise.
but there still is a loop whole if you change little details on the armor and modify the name it is no longer Microsoft property (my dad is patenting somethings that were similar to other items and he explain this to me) if it is not identical in every single way it is not a copy

Gravemind said:
I do believe those are backed by Microsoft. Some Red vd Blue was included in the legendary edition dvd.
but remember when they started the series the only thing that was part of Microsoft was just the halo game

darkesword2020 said:
Here are some of the things my dad said.
1. They can't sue if it's fan art.
2. They can sue if it's mass produced.
3. They can sue if you claim it as your own image.
4. They can sue if you sell their "image".
...there were some other things he said but I wasn't paying 100 percent attention though. I might be misquoting what he said....so if I'm wrong please don't take it the wrong way. ;-)
see thats wat i mean

Those early Red vs. Blue were made years before these rules were in place. Now listen, profiting of a copyrighted item is illegal, always has. Microsoft is just stating this to its fans. They can't cross the line. A reason why, I am sure, that Mjolnir armor does not sell armor. Red vs. Blue is endorsed by Microsoft, like they do with the Halo Books and comics, which is why they sell their videos. Now, if you feel like annoying one of the largest computer companies in the world, be my guest, but if you just follow the rules, don't get greedy and charge people more than time and expenses on armor then you have nothing to worry about with these rules. I am done debating with you.

Doing it for profit is...

Thats the issue here. How many people would continure doing what they're doing without profitting from it?

Time is a valuable commodity. The price of the armor should depend on the materials and the time and effort put into it. Your time could be worth more to you than someone else’s. You could have worked hard to make a piece in a hurry and only you can determine how much your lost time is worth. It is like trading money for time. There is no profit. Unless you mass-produce them in no time a charge a large amount of money, there is no problem.

Sean Bradley said:
Using clips of dialog on your MP3 players is officially illegal

Isnt there an official soundtrack for halo? Whats to stop you from playing it on your mp3?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back