Microsoft = Retarded

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImaGonnaGetYou

Keep your eyes on the text:

If you have Xbox LIVE, you may know that back in April, there was a Halo 3 Legendary Maps Play and Win sweepstakes. You just download the Gamerpicture, and play on the new maps, and you were entered to win a ton of different prizes.

I received a letter on June 27 that I had won a 4th place prize of 2000 Microsoft points. I redeemed them on Xbox.com, and quickly turned on my Xbox 360. I went straight to the Marketplace, and downloaded the Mass Effect DLC I wanted ( :D ).

I just found out today that 1600 Microsoft points were missing. I had spent 400 points on the above content, but hadn't spent the last $20 in points on anything else. I called up customer support, and...

THEY HAD NO RECORDS OF THE REDEEM OF THE POINTS.

I still have the Mass Effect content, but the remainder of the points are gone. According to the customer support, I need atleast one of the used codes to see if I was not trying to get free points. Sad thing is, I thought I didn't need the points, and threw away the letter. I went to look in the trash (Hey, it's $20!), only to be told that the garbage had been taken out by the dump truck yesterday...

The only evidence I have left to proove I had those points is that I have spent more Microsoft points than I have redeemed on the account, which I doubt any support representative is willing to do the math for.

I is so sad nao.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont wana bitch. but it is kinda your own fault to.
always keep your paperwork. else the will screw you. same with insurance and all the other things that are connected with some kind of payment and money issues

typeZERO said:
i dont wana bitch. but it is kinda your own fault to.
always keep your paperwork. else the will screw you. same with insurance and all the other things that are connected with some kind of payment and money issues

Microsoft points don't expire, I redeemed every code on the paper, and I even saw the points in my account the next day.

Plus, the letter noted that once I was done redeeming the codes, I no longer had to hold on to the list.

Also, incase anyone notes it, I checked my download history, and nothing that cost points besides the Mass Effect DLC was downloaded after I redeemed the points.

colmon_9 said:
Atlease you got something, so it wasnt a total loss.

Yes, very true. I'm far too lazy to go 2 miles to Walmart (Yes, it's that close) and get a points card, but...

Micro$oft stole 20 of my spacebucks!

Well, YOU still gained in the long run, you didn't pay a penny for the points anyhow. Though it does suck, royally at that, at least it wasn't $20 worth of points you actually bought. Here's a lesson to walk away with, nothing is free, and keep your paperwork! :p

Seno 'Ypsamee said:
Well, YOU still gained in the long run, you didn't pay a penny for the points anyhow. Though it does suck, royally at that, at least it wasn't $20 worth of points you actually bought. Here's a lesson to walk away with, nothing is free, and keep your paperwork! :p

Does this mean I'm gonna fail 9th grade? 'Cause I threw away all that paperwork.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Does this mean I'm gonna fail 9th grade? 'Cause I threw away all that paperwork.
School's different, that's not real paperwork, it's the man trying to bring us down! It's all a government conspiracy! :p

Seno 'Ypsamee said:
School's different, that's not real paperwork, it's the man trying to bring us down! It's all a government conspiracy! :p

Like Area 51?!

Alright, back on topic, I want my moneez back Micros***, k thx bai.

Oh man, I know how this goes. This happened to me a while back with the Rock Band DLC, I had purchased a ton of MS points to buy some songs and to have some in reserve for future releases, anyway, I went to buy "Joker and The Thief" by Wolfmother, and a song that was only susposed to cost 160 MSP, ended up costing me 1600 MSP!

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Keep your eyes on the text:

If you have Xbox LIVE, you may know that back in April, there was a Halo 3 Legendary Maps Play and Win sweepstakes. You just download the Gamerpicture, and play on the new maps, and you were entered to win a ton of different prizes.

I received a letter on June 27 that I had won a 4th place prize of 2000 Microsoft points. I redeemed them on Xbox.com, and quickly turned on my Xbox 360. I went straight to the Marketplace, and downloaded the Mass Effect DLC I wanted ( :D ).

I just found out today that 1600 Microsoft points were missing. I had spent 400 points on the above content, but hadn't spent the last $20 in points on anything else. I called up customer support, and...

THEY HAD NO RECORDS OF THE REDEEM OF THE POINTS.

I still have the Mass Effect content, but the remainder of the points are gone. According to the customer support, I need atleast one of the used codes to see if I was not trying to get free points. Sad thing is, I thought I didn't need the points, and threw away the letter. I went to look in the trash (Hey, it's $20!), only to be told that the garbage had been taken out by the dump truck yesterday...

The only evidence I have left to proove I had those points is that I have spent more Microsoft points than I have redeemed on the account, which I doubt any support representative is willing to do the math for.

I is so sad nao.

Hey dude, same thing happened to me, 'cept i won 3000 MS points. I spent some of the points on Alien Hominid after I redeemed the codes. Turns out any promotional MS points given away expire.

http://gizmodo.com/5021928/psa-promotional...e-points-expire

and if you sign into your Windows Live ID here it shows your complete history of everything you've download, redeemed etc.

https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin...33&id=23240

I was so excited I was gonna get Castle Crashers for free :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back