Minecraft anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sithslayer78

Anybody here play minecraft? I've been hooked for the past month and was wondering if anyone else around here was too! Myself, my Minecraft name is Sithslayer78 and i'm on a multiplayer server as well as working on the mega full scale Enterprise-D ;)

Aw yeh. I've been at it for about a month now, playing on a server called MC Station (Planning on setting up my own sometime soon) it's pretty damn fun. Maybe someone on the 405th could set up a 405th specific server?

why is minecraft getting so popular all-of-a-sudden? I've been playing it since the first minecraft. (back when it was just the free singleplayer version)

There are a number of possibilities running through my head, as of current, to explain that first post. /endtask "logic.exe"

Anyway, Project003, it's been getting popular, lately, because of more publicity. You tell a friend, and they tell a friend, and so on, plus, a lot of gaming rags have been talking about it.

In other news, I've been pondering making a 1:1 Frigate over the world. I'm thinking map editors.

There are a number of possibilities running through my head, as of current, to explain that first post. /endtask "logic.exe"

Anyway, Project003, it's been getting popular, lately, because of more publicity. You tell a friend, and they tell a friend, and so on, plus, a lot of gaming rags have been talking about it.

In other news, I've been pondering making a 1:1 Frigate over the world. I'm thinking map editors.

you could try invdef

Anyone else upset with beta? I assumed they would, oh, I don't know, add something? Change the gameplay up a little? And for a good week or so almost all servers were down...

Anyone else upset with beta? I assumed they would, oh, I don't know, add something? Change the gameplay up a little? And for a good week or so almost all servers were down...

I was quite happy with it, after all the thing that I had missed most has been put back in! The leaves on trees now fade out and randomly drop saplings again if you take out the wood from near them.

I hate beta. most of us on the server are now crashing incessantly because of the string errors. Hopefully notch will optimize MC soon, its getting pretty outta hand.

I don't spend enough time in SMP to notice. Personally, I note no difference between Beta and Alpha. Same features, same graphics, same resource consumption.

I blame Notch's poor choice in programming language. The code in Java takes up at least 4 times as much runtime memory as it would in most other languages.

that's why it's the beta, Alpha will feature a better multiplayer and different gametypes like "Zombie defense" and so-on. it's best to be patient, in my opinion, the Beta is excellent. as far as gameplay goes: you can download mods and texture packs from the wikia site, I downloaded a skin for my character, it's Lance from the flash animation "minecraft Pals". it's definatly worth it to buy the Alpha, the runtime is alot quicker, best 14 dollars I've ever spent.

The Alpha is a pre-beta stage, where only basic code and graphics are set up. Beta is a middle stage where code and graphics are improved, and run smoother and look good. Gamma is final testing, and Release is a nearly-bugless, smooth, good-looking title.

I bought Alpha, and I was thoroughly impressed. Good use of $13.51. But, it rolled over to Beta last month, increased in price, and nothing changed, except the servers are even worse, now. That's the upset here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back