Mjolnir Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osiris said:
Try making your own. I'm using cardboard at the moment, and its going along fine. I'm gonna go over it with fiberglass resin later probably. So far I didn't spend any money at all and right now I have a wearable belt, and thigh armor. I'm gonna try to detail them a little more, though. Check out Monstermaker's armor and Ben's scale drawings, Those are helping me alot.

Congrats on the belt sir, glad to see we are all progressing on our armor. Hopefully everyon here will have a full set for H3 in November.

Last edited by a moderator:
master conmader: we will help you make one but you have to be willing to do the work. pm me and I will send you some reference pics that should help.

BenStreeper said:
Osiris said:
Try making your own. I'm using cardboard at the moment, and its going along fine. I'm gonna go over it with fiberglass resin later probably. So far I didn't spend any money at all and right now I have a wearable belt, and thigh armor. I'm gonna try to detail them a little more, though. Check out Monstermaker's armor and Ben's scale drawings, Those are helping me alot.

Congrats on the belt sir, glad to see we are all progressing on our armor. Hopefully everyon here will have a full set for H3 in November.
Thanks, I accually finished the belt before I finished the thigh armor. Well, neither parts are fully finished, they are just wearable. I'm trying to get done by November. I try to work on my armor about 2 hours each day, sometimes more. I might try redoing the belt, or just adding to my current one to make it more accurate, but I think the thigh armor is fine.

I used a normal belt, and marked where it finished its way around my waist, then used the belt to draw a straight line out on a piece of cardboard and thats how I figured how long my belt needed to be, the thighs were trickier though because they don't really go all the way around your thighs, I made three parts for each leg, one for the top and bottom, and one for the side of my leg, then I just bent each piece so it would wrap around my leg then I stapled them together (at first I used tape but I redid that because I ran out). I might take it apart again and trace it out on cardboard and make it all 1 piece (not including straps) Also, I have all the details drawn out, but I still need to do that part that sticks out on the side (don't really know what you would call it) I'm also adding another layer on top of the thighs, and dividing them where the lines are and stuff. Yeah, I suck with wording.

Ben and Orisis,
Sean and I are working hard at getting that tutorial to at least a readable state asap so you guys can maybe check it out and hopefully benefit and make some killer armor. I'll keep you posted.

Its a little tight, so it might be a good idea to make it a little longer but I can still fit it on and it doesn't fall off easy. I'll try to get some pics later if I can get my mom to let me use her digital camera and set up the program to upload them. I don't have much free space so it might be a little while.

Redsleighdown said:
Ben and Orisis,
Sean and I are working hard at getting that tutorial to at least a readable state asap so you guys can maybe check it out and hopefully benefit and make some killer armor. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks we will keep doing our best to help out in the forum while we are in process Right Orisis

Osiris said:
Its a little tight, so it might be a good idea to make it a little longer but I can still fit it on and it doesn't fall off easy. I'll try to get some pics later if I can get my mom to let me use her digital camera and set up the program to upload them. I don't have much free space so it might be a little while.

if you have a camera phone you can take a photo and email it to yourself. It wont be the best photo but it's quick and easy

I don't have a cell phone, but I'll try to help out, I'm usually not too good at giving directions or whatever though.

there is no telling at this point about when the tutorial will be completed. We have 3 out of 11 chapters done but the first 3 are the longest chapters so the pace should quicken. When in a word document, the first 3 chapters are 30 pages.

All I can say for now is be active on the forums. Seeing the tutorial will be by invite only, but if we see that you're on the forums helping out and asking intellegent questions you'll be higher on our list. NOTE: THIS DOES NOT NECESARILY MEAN MORE POST = BETTER. Just try to respect and help out the community we have here and you not go unrewarded.

-Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back