Mk Iv/vi Project Mjolnir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 124

So even though it says i am a noob here i had an account that ended up terminated i guess since i hadn't been on in a while. I just today printed out the helmet for the halo wars MARK IV MJOLNIR. And since the only other parts available are the forearm and the chest i am using all the low def MARK VI parts that are available. I've made the H2-ODST armor, very unhappy, just wasn't the same as a spartan. And i did make and modify a H3-ODST helmet for my own set of armor but decided it didn't fit the bill, a lot of work for nothing. But just one quick question and then i'm off. well two actually. Locations where i can find aqua resin? (cures quicker and without tempurature restrictions) and is there something better to work with than bondo? if so what is it and where can i get it?

The Internet is your best bet for the Aqua Resin as the for bondo, well I'm not a pepurkuraer

Nice to see another Spartan with the same Serial Number! Lol

I read up on the aqua resin, its waterbased, a plus and a minus, ill have to seal the Pep before i resin it. I do have some other armor in progess for airsoft made from aluminum. But i guess right now bondo is the best bet until i can remember what that other stuff was i saw. I was going to go with a different serial number but decided to stay fit within the 150 original spartan selection class all labeled Spartan-001 through Spartan-150

thats awesome, i will have to find them on my dads computer downstairs since hes got the lazer printer. That's awesome and here i was thinking i would have to make the MARK VI parts.

Edit 1

So i found the pieces, took some time. I am waiting to get the right shoulder, since im not a member of the filesharing place you guys like to use i have to wait every 15 minutes. but once i get the right shoulder all i need is the left and belt. and i will probably just use the MK VI groin and thighs, doesnt make much of a difference to me

Edit 2

So i found the pieces, although not very quickly :pi did find them. apparently they are all on the one side of the body so if i just mirror them in the PD3 i can get the left side, correct?

so it wouldnt let me edit the last post for some reason. I checked out the aquaresin deal and it is rather pricey. i found a vid from indymogul and they said the tril kit, two of them costing about $30. It only covers a square foot at 1/8" thick. so regular resin or aquaresin? i live in PA and being the time of year its going to get cold so that means no resining unless im indoors which mom wont appreciate

Right now ive got a couple of nice days ahead and a four day weekend off school so im going to try and get most of the resining and pep done. If i have to during the colder days i do my work in the garage, well right next to the garage door an once its resinned it goes in the garage. but the helmet is pepped and resin is curing, should be cured by now actually. right now im starting on the right shoulder, MKVI though, not MKIV because those files arent unfolded yet and i have no idea how to do that.

It might be a good idea to find a way to post some pictures of your progress. Otherwise, you stand a chance of having the topic locked.

i would like to post pics but the camera i have is not exactly the best quality. i will have to try and find my parents camera since that takes better pictures. right now all i have done is the helmet. but at a certain point, when i had my other account that got deleted, it would only let me post two pictures total. how am i to downsize them so i can post more?

edit

ok, so this is the best i can do short notice on pictures, when my mom gets home, good camera is in the car, i can probably get better quality shots, not that there is much else to show. let me know what you think

another quick question, if i only have the part for the right side of the body but need it for the left, will inverting the pattern make the left side piece?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back