Mk Vi Armour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John13

I have completely pepped the chest forearms and shoulder pieces but since i was not satisfied with my helmet i will make a new one. I have no idea what color i am goint to paint the suit once it its all fiberglassed and i am more than happy with any color suggestions you have, ANY COLOR! ^^ [attachment=15093:pIC_1341.JPG][attachment=15094:pIC_1342.JPG][attachment=15095:pIC_1343.JPG][attachment=15096:pIC_1344.JPG][attachment=15097:pIC_1345.JPG][attachment=15098:pIC_1346.JPG][attachment=15099:pIC_1347.JPG] I will most likely upload more pictures in the future of the shoulders and new helmet when it is done and when i am 100% happy with it post pictures of the complete armour.

Hay Heretic, Welcome to the forums.

This is the 110 lb card-stock they are referring to:

WAU49508.jpg

Link: http://www.officesupplyinc.com/cardstock-paper110-lb812x11250-sheetswhite-p-29779.html

Here is a really good video made by the owner of this site.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hclW5onHNsE[/media]

Good luck! :)

No i did not use cardstock since i dont like to work with it. it looks warped when its not resined but it comes out fine when i am done with the whole build, when i resiend it that is :D

Thank you Smalofan for the welcoming and tip of cardstock ^^ i will show you the complete work when i have added resin, bondo and all that and i think it eill come out pretty good ^^ (hope so)

From what I've heard if you use fiberglass on 20-30 lb paper it gets soggy, and will warp.

Try brushing some water (or some equivalent analogue) on regular paper compared to cardstock, you may find quite a difference.

If you want to stick with this paper, you'll need to make it a little sturdier. Maybe you could use some rustoleum or spray-on truck bed liner to make it more stiff.

-Good Luck!

Yeah, Cardstock takes a bit more work, but 20lb printer paper will look more like cloth when you put resin on it. The only solution I found is resin BEFORE pepping, and even then it's shakey. Plus, the lines practicially disappear! But a good start, and keep working! Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back