***MKVI Foam Suit Hayabusa Style ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperballistik

I originally built my Hayabusa suit out of pep but its not very easy to move around in so the suit has just been sitting for almost 2 years and since I had built my Reach MKV suit out of foam and I like how light weight it is and the ease of mobility I decided to remake my MKVI Hayabusa suit out of foam so I can actually wear it around every once in a while, I have been working on this suit on and off for about 2 months, I usually will mess around with it at night if I don't have anything to do. Now I want to wear it to one of these small Cons they have here in Florida so I decided its time to finish it, by posting my progress pics up I tend to get things finsihed quicker lol. I have most of the suit built all I have to finish making at this time is the Busa shoulder perms and the Hand plates, also I have to finish the details up on a few parts, here is how my suit looks at this moment, I will update this thread as I complete parts so hopefully I can complete the suit in a week

Here are the boots they are finsihed and painted with plastidip I just need to paint them now, I will get all the paint work finished at the same time
DSC06230.jpg

Finished MKVI chest with the Hayabusa Perms attached to it, painted with plastidip so far
DSC06232.jpg

Back of the chest piece, I built it using a LD file so I had to make all the details on the back to match the MKVI HD model
DSC06233.jpg

Biceps without the Hayabusa shoulders attached, I still have to make those, I had FSRacer make these for me to help speed up the build
DSC06234.jpg

Rest of the parts are unfinished and still need detail work done to them
COD Front
DSC06236.jpg

COD Back
DSC06235.jpg

Shins
DSC06237.jpg

Thighs
DSC06238.jpg

Forearms
DSC06239.jpg

and of course the Helmet from my old suit
DSC06240.jpg

You can see my original Hayabusa build in this thread, this was the original pep build, I should have update pics in a few days
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31037-Hyper-s-Hayabusa-build

What files did you use? I have some Mark VI foam files and I was wondering if they were the same. Look awesome man!

Looking really nice man can't wait to see this bad boy finished.

Tom.

What files did you use? I have some Mark VI foam files and I was wondering if they were the same. Look awesome man!

I used a mixture of HD and LD files most of the files were originally made by Robogenisis or Crackhead, I made my own templates from their pep files and some of it was scratch built

This... is the best foam Mk VI I've ever seen! Instant sub!

Thanks I appreciate the comment, I have seen better but im not really a foam builder. The MKVI is not the easiest suit to make out of foam as I have found this out ;)

Looking really nice man can't wait to see this bad boy finished.

Tom.

Thanks Tom, I got the inspiration to build this from your MKVI, I can't wait to see it finished either, Im getting tired of fiding little foam pieces all over my house lol

Lol I know that feeling, except it's the wife that's sick of finding the foam every where :p

Man Steve, you've been busy buddy. The suit is turning out great. And yes, the Mk. VI is a pain to do in foam. I have found that to be true just in doing the legs and boots, let alone doing the whole suit. :D

This is looking very good. I'm really starting to consider using foam on mine.
Thanks Justin, I really like the foam suits they are light weight and easier to move around in and if you build it right, its hard to tell that its made out of foam

Man Steve, you've been busy buddy. The suit is turning out great. And yes, the Mk. VI is a pain to do in foam. I have found that to be true just in doing the legs and boots, let alone doing the whole suit. :D

Thanks Rusty, Hopefully I will have the COD foam template for you tonight

Looks awesome. What is the thickness of the foam you are using?

Thanks, Im using the 1/2" Eva foam floor mats and for details a combination of 1/4" and 2mm thick craft foam

Well I know I said I would update my thread as I finished up the pieces but I was in a rush to have this suit finished for the weekend so I never took the time to take progress pics. I ended up making the Hayabusa shoulders and the hand plates but as soon as they were finished I painted them, actually I ended up detailing the rest of the suit and giving it the final paint job, I kept it white like my original Busa suit so I didn't have to repaint the helmet, Here is a pic of all the finished parts all I have left to finish is strap all the parts and attach the Busa shoulders to the bicep parts and a test fit so looks like my next pic update will be the finished suit

DSC06254.jpg

Thats it.... I quit. Unreal my friend. I'm not sure how u manage it but each build is better than the one before, & the one before can't get any better.

Thats it.... I quit. Unreal my friend. I'm not sure how u manage it but each build is better than the one before, & the one before can't get any better.

HaHa, I dont know what your talking about, that Scout helmet your building looks like its starting to rival some of my helmets FoSho, and for the foam suit, im using some of the tricks that Daniel showed me on how to work with foam becuase that guy is the foam master lol ;)

Wow dude that is looking sick! Can't believe how fast you got it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back