Modeling The Mark Iv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Namauri, I got a small request. Is there anyway that you can release 2 versions of the thighs? One with the inner thigh piece and one without it. Now i know that most people don't like the inner thigh due to rubbing ant what not, but i love them. Just a small request and of course i would unfold both versions no questions asked. Think about it alright?

Major Pain said:
Hey Namauri, I got a small request. Is there anyway that you can release 2 versions of the thighs? One with the inner thigh piece and one without it. Now i know that most people don't like the inner thigh due to rubbing ant what not, but i love them. Just a small request and of course i would unfold both versions no questions asked. Think about it alright?

Well ill put it simpily it will be a giant pain in the nutts but i will i love a challenge :p

Last edited by a moderator:
O_O...Wow...*looks at own modelled Mark IV helm* I need to get better...Mine fails compare to your stuff D: *sigh* Great work! will you upload all the model's in 3ds? I'd love to animate them for some rendered scenes!

The helmet is not by me. Full credit for that goes to Rundown. Naramuri, that won't be hard at all. Just build the one inner thigh piece, save it, delete the inner thigh polygons and then save it as a separate file.

Kiyoshi Nobuyuki said:
I meant an actual 3D model, not the Real life thing. if you were to model one (unless there is one already?) it would surpass mine for sure

MKIVbutton.jpg

http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index

Last edited by a moderator:
i have actually rigged and textured all the halo 3 armor, sadly the 3ds max file crashed while saving, not all was lost since i already had them imported into unreal tournament 3, would anyone hear mind if i textured these models? about half way done with the foot btw

So, ok, I'm very impressed with the work you're doing here, top quality stuff, man! My only gripe is the download site you're using (hotfile.com). Only one download per 15 minutes? I know there's only 2 files to download, but you might have been able to use a better site. That's it, my only gripe. Again, GREAT work, I can't wait to see more.

Hey I got permission from Rundown to post this here for consolidation purposes:

c2602546613084.gif

http://hotfile.com/dl/10809768/a28b70d/MKIV_SHIN_RIG.pdo.html

All Credit goes to Rundown for this beauty, I just unfolded. Others have released unfolds or are working on them so if you prefer a diffrent unfolder,, check out his thread. Great work all around.

I'll start this build tonight, but i probable won't finish for about 48 hours. Got all kinds of stuff going on. I'll let you guys know of the wear-ability and scale soon.

*feel free to re-host somewhere else if you like. i just prefer hotfile*

Hay Lets have a Quickie ;) lol up date that is im remodeling the thighs to specifically have the inner piece i used an early save like when i originally began i singled out the individual thigh and removed the unimportant pieces and i found the magic in smooth lines :pso this one should be on schedual and ive been commisioned by my roomate and fellow armor maker to pump out an SMG low detail on account of how many bumps were on the halo 2 version we got sooo that about it :)

I stuck the shin up at the front, thanks to Rundown for letting me post his file, and thank you again MajorPain for all the unfolds and for taking the initiative in asking.

Freakin SWEET now all we really nees is the super complex COD piece and the right sholder my thigh and the biceps i guess im just gonna use mark VI for mine :p

Nice work on the shoe bro. I'll get it unfolded soon; unless someone wants to alter it. anyways, I wanted to post a few pix of the shin built. I went with the larger 508mm height and it worked out perfect! the back of the calf lined up great and overall im glad how it turned out. One thing to note is that if you have a big foot or calf, you are going to have to clamshell this thing. It is very snug near the bottom. So when scaling it measure from your ankle bone(on the side) to just above the knee, add about 2 to 3 inches, convert to cm then mm. Anyways, for reference im 5'8" / 5'9"; 150lbs.

38258c46733868.gif 133cc246733870.gif 9e300b46733873.gif e9239446733878.gif

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

well i just printed mine out and i measured right at 40 cm so idk lol ill tell you how mine fits but tonnight im working on the left shoulder ill show you guys how that fits and the shin but idk if it will be complete tonight ive got a tube and a half of super glue left lol

Ok heres the sneaker:

b58c7846786799.gif

http://hotfile.com/dl/10909057/0261d71/MKIV_SNEAKER.pdo.html

Very difficult unfold. Lots of weird geometry. No offense Skwisdemon, the model is still very nice. There are a few open faces, but I don't think they will effect the build that much(not the side panels). Anyways, Thanks again for this contribution and if anyone else wants to make an even higher definition sneaker(alter the file), i'll tackle that unfold as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back