Modern Warfare 2 (Ghost's Balaclava Skull Mask)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arithen

Before everyone jumps on me saying "google it"... I HAVE! as well as taken a look at numerous military sites, as well as Ebay and so on. I have yet to find Ghost's Balaclava skull ski mask. Has anyone found an IDENTICAl one anywhere?

If you havent seen yet. this is what it looks like

96234_1261239808.jpg

Ghost-Museum-wood.png

Ghost-Museum-snow.png

Ghost-Museum-Urban.png

You'll Probably have to custom paint it. I bought one At Dick's for 24$. Luckily, The texture of the Balaclava (say that 10 times fast) is easy to paint with simple $1 Wal-Mart Water Base paints. Here are my Results:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc50/Changster7878/0105002042.jpg

If you wanna know, its slightly watered down dark brown used to make the basic shape of a skull, then Ivory Drybrushed over it lightly followed by a heavier drybrush for the more solid areas. Final touchup includes filling in spaces with Black or Dark brown and doing some light Dark brown shadowing. No more than 1 hour to make.

(yes this is a copy-paste from the other Ghost Thread)

You could take one of these to the mall and have one of those airbrushing people do it for you

Then would anyone know which materials are which? (the knitted (looking) material as well as the boarder that lines the eyes?)

EDIT: Ah, that link helps quite a bit

Ghost147 said:
Then would anyone know which materials are which? (the knitted (looking) material as well as the boarder that lines the eyes?)

EDIT: Ah, that link helps quite a bit

[QUOTE NAME='Gilmore of OK']For Ghost its all dependant on what game level you are wanting to do his costume from. On Favela, Ghost wears a Ripstop top with no hook that is ACU style (not camo print, but velcro collar and arm pockets) Tactical Denim pants.

Ive also tried my hand at painting a couple balaclava's rignt now, the first was a fleece and the 2nd a polypropelene hood. The problem with them are they just arent accurate like ghosts. But there isnt actually a balaclava out there that is 100% resemblant of Ghosts.

Here you can see the differences in Ghost's mask to conventional masks.

attachment.php

The green lines show the knit pattern, while the red outlines the eye hole with a solid fabric. So its practially a mix of the 2 (fleece/poly and knit). The other thing is its quite formed to Ghost's face. Curving to the nose easily and as well as his chin.

Now Ghost has multiple outfits, just like all the characters do (Soap, Roach, Rangers, etc). My friend and I are doin Soap and Ghost from Favela, but here is a shot of his full favela outfit.

For RPF members

Then on the household:

For RPF members

And Ghost in his dive outfit:

For RPF members

You can see it switches from a hooded fleece top and Multiflage pants and pouches to the faded BDU/ACU top and Tactical Denim. The reason I feel its tactical denim on Favela are these photos here:

For RPF members

The seam says it all practicall as well as the color. The best I came up with is the Dickies Workhorse...with some work in fading and distressing, should make a good replica.

I've indentified most the real world items used on their persons and being an InfantryMan I'm very familiar with all their gear, so if you have any questions throw them out there and ill supply the answers to what I can.[/QUOTE]

To see the pictures, you'll need to be a rpf member. Here's the link to the thread. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=73765

Last edited by a moderator:
yea your best bet is to do it yourself with a Balaclava made out of a thick material. you could probably find some really nice ones at your local surplus store (such as army navy). and while you are there you could get more than just that, like the tactical gear or uniforms.

Bigwillie5 said:
lol canadian eh?

I never said I knew how to sew.

I just said that if you want that baclava, make it yourself ;)

I hate Ghost, I wouldn't cosplay him lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
its just a heavyweight nomex balaclava. they don't come with the skull painted on. we used them so that when something exploded we would hopefully still be good looking.

Hey, I realize this thread was posted about a month back, but I'm in a similar situation with the balaclava. I'm a skiier and a big fan of the MW2 game and would love to replace my ratty old turtle I use and rock a goast mask in its place. I am also an artist and wouldn't mind trying my hand at making a replica version of the MW2 mask. If I get enough interest I might be able to paint a few of them and maybe fund my curiosity at the same time. So let me know if anyone is interested, I think I could do at least as good a job as the fan made one above (I hope better).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back