Mold Making non-tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, i just built a Boba Fett helmet and would like to mold it to make a few copies for myself so i can do different variations. im sure you mentioned it somewhere but i was wondering what i would need from Smooth-On to do it. i know i need plasti-paste and rebound 25 and whatnot, im just not sure how much.

i wanan do my MarkVI helmet as well, but this is a simpler design to start with.

also, since i didnt mold it from clay, can it still be done the same way? the finish on the original is going to be bondo and painted or primered.

MandoMan531 said:
hey, i just built a Boba Fett helmet and would like to mold it to make a few copies for myself so i can do different variations. im sure you mentioned it somewhere but i was wondering what i would need from Smooth-On to do it. i know i need plasti-paste and rebound 25 and whatnot, im just not sure how much.

i wanan do my MarkVI helmet as well, but this is a simpler design to start with.

also, since i didnt mold it from clay, can it still be done the same way? the finish on the original is going to be bondo and painted or primered.

Paint or primer the original and clear coat it, this should prevent the silicone from adhering to any surface....

Then you can use the Rebound to Mold it. You could mold two helmets with a Gallon kit of Rebound 25, and gallon of the plasti-paste should be able to get you two helmet molds if you don't make the shell too thick.

Last edited by a moderator:
"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

watch and tell me what you think btw your helmet rocks (y)

Adam said:
I'm not finished editing the video yet, but I uploaded it "so far" so... enjoy.

Note - This isn't the BEST way to make a helmet mold. Normally you would get metal thin plates, and do a two part mold... but hey, this is how I did this one.
Like someones nose haha :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back