Mold Making non-tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. For a certain amount. After awhile, like anything, it wears out, and beings to tear. But hopefully by that time youve made your costs back off of casts youve sold.

also for the face shields, if you doing the halo 3 one with smaller face shields. look up paint ball mask lenses. you can get them for cheaper i believe. and get thermal ones so they dont fog up

Though a clay original is obviously the best - would it be ok to use a Pepakura-based Resin'd and FBG'd original? Would the silicone adhere to it?

Using my pep hlem I am going to mold it to make copies, and great thing is that if the mold does wear, I still have the original, and no worry about the clay getting destroyed... this is my plan, and from what I can tell the silicone would not have a problem adhereing to the surface... I am ordering the mold materials... soon... World... here comes Spase Mk VI helms...

not to mention if you make casts from a mold made from pep/clay/ or whatever it doesnt matter if you have the original if you have a pull from the mold you can always recast it.

thefreeman said:
not to mention if you make casts from a mold made from pep/clay/ or whatever it doesnt matter if you have the original if you have a pull from the mold you can always recast it.
yeah but making the mold is the expensive part

Last edited by a moderator:
The most difficult part is to scuplt, after, it's easy to make your armor. I'm stuck with my helm for almost 2month, it's a secret project so, I can't post pic for now but... I have some pic of when I started and pic for now, and i'll post it when i'll done with it.. (2 month, incredible lol)

Ive got enough cash for 3 tries but i really dont want to be making it and then totally screw up and waist 500 on a piece of crap. Im not to skilled but one day ill try... one day.

New here, but pretty good with plastics and precise part development.

My only question is, how did you get the plastic to only fill the sides of the mold and not fill the mold to be solid.

Basically, how did you get it to form a shell, and not a solid helmet. When you slosh the plastic around, does it somewhat stick to the side of the silicon, or did you apply some sort of adhesive to keep the plastic attached to only the silicon?

yeah, the more you slosh, the thicker it gets (just due to time, not to the sloshing)... the thicker it gets, the better it sticks to the walls. So, right before it solidifies, it should be really sticking to the walls.

do that 5 times, and you should have a helmet.

Thats a great non-tutorial tutorial. I am researching mold making and casting for my brute spikers so all the vids I see are usefully. Thanks for sharing.

I want to make my armor mold-worthy, but it's going to be soooooo expensive! :cry:

But that's too far down the road for me to worry about now...

Awesome video Adam. Quite inspirational. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back