Clay - $100
Silicon - $160
Shell - $60
Gallon of resin (3 or 4 helmets worth) - $90
Foam Head - $10
Turn Table - $10
Blue Visor - $30
Pipe and Flange - $10

Make yourself a budget of $500 if you're planning on doing it - Just to let you know. But once you have one, you can probably make helmets for $50 a piece (visor being the expensive part)

Frickin cool lid - Priceless

Liked the instructional video and music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great vid, but could you tell me what happened when you "skipped a lot" ? I think that would finish it off as a great tutorial

Adam said:
I'm not finished editing the video yet, but I uploaded it "so far" so... enjoy.

Note - This isn't the BEST way to make a helmet mold. Normally you would get metal thin plates, and do a two part mold... but hey, this is how I did this one.

nice vid, thanks for that, just one question, how do you make the odst helmet at the beginning i mean you need a base to work on first. (like you had your odst helmet already made to which you then put that stuff on)

sorry if this sounds noobish, but i am new to this and would like to know how to make a odst/MC armour.

get a foam head, and put it on a stick. start building clay around it and start sculpting.

lol assault rifles in the back ground... but this really helped me under stand how you do the mold... now i dont say up for one hour later when i go to bed thinking how does he do it???

If I, using a pepakura helmet out of paper added smoothcast 300 after Resined it, would smoothcast still give me a plasticy substance?

bilsy28 said:
If I, using a pepakura helmet out of paper added smoothcast 300 after Resined it, would smoothcast still give me a plasticy substance?
You need to form a silicone mold first before you even begin to think of pouring Smoothcast 300 in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back