MOLDAPALOOZA! (Lots of pics!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CGClone said:
My rotocasting machine will be done this week, I will post pics if Sean and Link want.

Its a 28"x28" hand drive, steel framer.

i'd like to see that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam said:
what you need to do is make video tutorials on how to make these molds... I for one, would love to know how it is done.

I'll make a deal with you. You make one, and I'll make one.
That would be amazing to see. from both of you! You should post a link to it here or put it on the main page in BIG CAPITAL LETTERS lol :D

Molding unleashed YAY!

well it's not like i'll be doing it alot, im really NOT good at sculpting, but if my pep helm end up with enough quality after bondo i'll give it a quick go ^^

Sean Bradley said:
Sure... anything else while I'm at it? :mrgreen: ... wash your car... do your chores... Teach you all to make monuments maybe?
6YaleDino.jpg
Yes, yes, MAYBE.

I want those molds. BAD. I'de eat both hands for them. Der- wait;

Sean,
How long does it typically take to brush in brim? It looks fairly deep and detailed and wondered if this is an area that may be a trouble spot when working with the mold?

It is a more complicated piece that the others because it's a 2 part mold. Takes maybe 40 minutes altogether just for this piece

Typically I brush and layup the fiberglass in these two parts of the mold seperately, then put them together and slushcast the last layer.

sean, what polyurethane should i use from smooth on? i cant find its name anywhere!

please help me!!!!!!!!

thanks,

chazodude

i live in the uk though, bentley chemicals sell smooth-on products in the uk so i am using them.
thanks anyway sean!

sorry for the double ! elduob post but i am going to use ROTO, their urethane for roto-casting. i am going to do it like blue and slush cast :lol:

thnks again sean!

Sean,
Since your helm is molded in 3 pieces, can you go over the process of how you bind them together for a finsihed helm? I'm assuming you add more layers of fiberglass?

Nope... they're drilled and assembled with cable ties, so that you can always take it back apart to work on the inside...

Hey Sean, did you happen to do step by step pics?
The tut that you posted in the front of the thread doesn't work anymore. I redirects to the main index.
Also Do you use any Pressure chambers. I have done that for several of my head casts for action fig customizing.
IF you do, do you use it for all of your Casts or just the smaller ones?

I'm loving your work man, keep it up :lol:
Thanks again

Beck

No step by step pics. I was too busy making molds...

Don't use a pressure pot either... if you know how to mold and cast correctly you'll never need to worry about air bubbles.

The pics don't work because this post was made before Adam changed the website... I'll fix them... OR you could look them up... after all I did list the location as well as the link.

Oops :whistle:

Haha Thanks for the info. My experiences with casting have been only with miniature pieces and action figs. They are so small air bubble occur, so pressure pots are ideal.

Thanks again

Beck

Sean, for the "mud" / "rondo" mixture,

which do you add liquid hardener to?

do you add hardener to both? only one? or neither?

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back