Moldmaking tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastSpartan

Sr Member
So I watched all the Tap Plastics vids, I have a some questions.

Should I use Silicon or Urethane? (I want one durable, but not too expensive)

What should I use for casting? Cast Resin?

How do you mold a helmet, I mean the interior. Should I put Silicon/urethane inside the helmet, to have the interior? Like a three part mold?

asdasdasdasdlf8.jpg

And do I mold with the visor?

do not do a box mold, do a brush on mold for the helmet. Use silicon, it is more expensive, but urethane molds only work well with cement/plaster etc.

Mold it with urethane plastic, maybe task 15

ok, thanks Adam.

And how much Silicon should I buy? 1 gallon? (I'm not familliar with gallons :$ops: )

And approximately, how much it costs to make a Helmet mold?

1 gallon will easily make a helmet for you

You'll need to get a gallon of plastipaste too, for the support shell. you can do the helmet in 1 piece, and the support shell in two pieces.

To make the mold it will be about $250 (not including the original pattern of the helmet you (hopefully) made)

and each cast will cost you about ... gosh, $30 or so...

BUT

You will do at least one or two that you will throw away, so don't be surprised, ANNNNNND if you're going to be spending $300 on a mold, make sure you buy a video telling you how to make it first, you'll be better off that way.

making a solid mold is pointless and a waste of money and materials.

check out youtube for Silicone molds.

theres a handful of ways of doing it.

Fragclone dont double post its a one way trip to banville doing that im getting tired of saying this but
Dont Double Post!

Last edited by a moderator:
uh?

And yes my vids are on youtube. Type Tapplastics, and you'll know if it's the good one by the little voice at the beginning singing "Tap, Tap Plastics!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back