More Special Effects Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlacRoseImmortal said:
That link doesnt seem to be working for me :/

Same here..Its saying I have to download Quicktime Player... :unsure:

EDIT: I see it now :] Nice explosion,, "Fallll Baaack!"

Last edited by a moderator:
just a test, we'll be doing some video soon, and doing actual concepts of special effects. Note this one doesn't have the fade into distance of projectile, cloud lighting/break or anything, just a test is all.

I'd make the missle/rocket fly in faster.

Cool for the test though. I'm sure it'll end up looking great.

Well, for being an Adobe After Effects plugin you did well with the settings and the keyframing... a little too slow.. a little too fake looking but you already addressed that. I'll assume you're going to edit this in Final Cut Studio as well as using with Shake? SFX require days, weeks or even months of work to fine tune, polish and shine for a truly professional look. For what it is, it's fine, considering it's a 10 minute job on a photo. Just offering up honest criticism, considering SFX is my job and all.

Cheers,
Kensai

lol ...kensai...I know. Got any effects you can show me that I should strive to emulate in quality?

Adam said:
lol ...kensai...I know.

No problemo, just offering some constructive criticism. It's easy in art to receive a bunch of praise but no tips for improvement. Just like you are not the best molder by self-admittance, I know that you do everything you can to improve on those skills by listening from others in the profession. I'm chock full of knowledge on the subject if you have any questions or need any tips on SFX hit me up, more than pleased to help.

Cheers,
Kensai

kensai111 said:
No problemo, just offering some constructive criticism. It's easy in art to receive a bunch of praise but no tips for improvement. Just like you are not the best molder by self-admittance, I know that you do everything you can to improve on those skills by listening from others in the profession. I'm chock full of knowledge on the subject if you have any questions or need any tips on SFX hit me up, more than pleased to help.

Cheers,
Kensai

absolutely, obviously I just started with this program today, but I'd love to see your demo reel.

Adam said:
absolutely, obviously I just started with this program today, but I'd love to see your demo reel.

Well been working on my portfolio all year in preperation of moving to a major city and getting in a studio. I did some fx for a pretty well budgeted fan film when I was hardcore into Star Wars, I'll gladly send it over to your e-mail when I get home. At work on my iPhone. Defitely not bad for your first day. Went better than mine XD.

Cheers,
Kensai

pretty cool, nice job.

I've been planning to make a few videos since last year once I finish my suit. Can't wait to see your stuff.
There's a link to my website in my signature that has some videos that I've edited 1-3 years ago, not that great looking but my newer stuff will be much better.

"Demo mode, press options to register" :p
Very impressive Adam, i would have loved it, if the Marine where to move...

-FSS

edit: you propably mean ten seconds?

Now that is pretty damn sweet. Looking forward to that video, it may be the next big Youtube thing. xD

- Adulese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back