MW2 Juggernaut Suit Foam build : WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was planning on buying dummy grenades and an Airsoft PAGST helmet, then putting the additions onto it and such. Also I bought some Carbines for the suit to latch things on with, and iff all goes to plan, I'm going to need some sort of transportation for RPG warheads... :D

Funding Alert

So basically I'm looking for any sort of work this summer in the general Orlando/central Florida area. I'll work for any price (within reason). My skills are in;
-Drawing,
-Digital art,
-Electrical wiring,
-Basic house construction and repair
-Speaker and entertainment system wiring
-A/V editing
-Writing
-Yard maintenance
-and Heavy lifting

Contact me at (239)-822-5417 or email me at Judahneu@gmail.com. Thanks for all your help!

wow. this is coming along real nice. I am flattered that you are using my sixth scale Juggernaut as a reference. And avatar looks good too.
In response to your quaestion about how you would attach the shoulder pads: the model I build has many of the same limitations/challenges as a 1:1 human. What I ended up doing for the shoulder pads was attaching them to a second chest piece much like a vest which is then worn under the armor plate (back/front) and the chest rig. This was optimal for preserving the mobility in the shoulders without having to attach the pads to the armor plate. I can post some detailed picks of what i'm talking about if your interested. Or there may be some already on my blog http://hobbywolves.blogspot.com.

Looking forward to seeing this complete.

cheers

-iz

The same guy who commented on my Flickr? Small world! Thanks for the suggestions, I was thinking of something similar, but make an underarm harness instead! I'll keep your Idea in the band, and thanks a million for making that model in the first place!

This will be an awesome build. And when its finished you need a boom box to play that warning music so others know your coming. Foam is the best material though. (could only imagine how much the real ones weighed.)

Update #11! 100th post!

So before I say anything, it's my 100th post! Happy post-day to me! and for this special occasion, I bring you something... you ready? NEW!!! I decided that since this was a once-in-a-posttime opportunity, that I would finish up something special just for you guys! So here we go, the accumulated work-time of 2 1/2 hours of foaming... I give you... The Juggernaut Mask!

First off from the pictures we have a wonderful reference photo courtesy of "init_0" and his amazing juggernaut model:

p1050352w.jpg

The next few photos are of the planning and construction of the mask, I used standard 10mm EVA foam for the base of the mask, and 1mm "foamies" craft foam for the raised portions. to connect it all together, I first glued the bridge of the nose of the "foamie" to the bridge of the nose of the mask, then used a combination of spray adhesive and hot glue to fasten it and the remaining pieces on.
Then one simply sands down the edges (I had to sand inside the bridge for my nose ;] ) and make sure there is no excess glue, and "Viola", you are finished. After a few re-heats of the foam for a snug fit, I took some shots of it on my makeshift balaclava; those pictures are towards the end. Enjoy, and hooray for Me!

Construction pictures:

dscn8876.jpg

dscn8877j.jpg

dscn8878y.jpg

dscn8880l.jpg

dscn8879z.jpg

And onto the test-fit:
(Note: The eye slits are temporary, I still haven't widened them for the tube-ports :D )

dscn8882.jpg

dscn8884.jpg

dscn8883.jpg

Thanks for all you support guys, and have a great day/evening!

(also, any suggestions on how to keep this thing on my face would be wonderful :D

a black elastic thingy (no clue what they're called :p)
I think I'm going to die from all the awesomeness :O Epiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic!!
Yeah, I was considering that, along with a top band to keep it in place... but does anyone have any suggestions on keeping the elastic in place? The ho-glue doesn't work that well for fabric.

Really nice job with your suit so far. I really wanted to do one myself, but I have too many projects already lol. What I did with fabric elastic on my N7 suit was hot glue it down in place and then place a thin foamie behind it to sandwhich it in place. Just an idea. Can't wait to see the rest of it!

Psquiddy the Juggerniddy! Love the alternate slogan on back piece. hopefully the tube ports will allow good vision! congratulations to us hey... 100+ plus posts.

Psquiddy the Juggerniddy! Love the alternate slogan on back piece. hopefully the tube ports will allow good vision! congratulations to us hey... 100+ plus posts.
Thanks man! This is one of those moment's that I want to press a "Like" button :D
I did the best I could in the signature lol. Going back to serious matters, yeah, I'm worried about the tube vision. As far as we know of right now, the mask will only be used in the short films we will use this in, and Airsoft goggles in actual games. Going to the back slogan, yeah, I decided to change that for very obvious reason; I can't catch the a$$H013 who decides to take it seriously XD

Thanks for checking up on the progress, means a lot man!

hmmmmmmmmmmm you could make some slits in the mask piece to where it goes though and wrapping around to meet itself and you could get a sewing machine and (i think you get it)

i dont know what would be harder building the juggernaut armor or taking him down haha... progress is looking great keep it up!!! catch wait to see it done!

lookin good man. Maybe when you finish we can go toe to toe :p repulsors vs M420 :D Are you going to acquire/build a gun for your suit? or just go the pistol and dummy grenade route?

(also, any suggestions on how to keep this thing on my face would be wonderful :D

Since you are looking at airsoft options with this, how about velcro to the balaclava over a mesh mask like any of the 'Striker' series from Matrix listed on Evike. The mesh would provide your safety as well as support the mounting of the purely cosmetic mask. For game play, you could build a second version of the mask with wider/shorter tubes to improve your field of view.

Alternatively, you could rebuild the mask as a frontpiece to a set of low profile game-legal wire or plastic goggles. They would provide the mounting straps ready-made.

Beautiful work so far, keep it up. Looking forward to the M60 build.

Redshirt

great armor. i think it should be a bit bulkier armor around the torso but other than that great work. i cant wait to see the finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back