MW2 Juggernaut Suit Foam build : WIP

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by Psquiddy, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Redshirt

Redshirt

OK, looking at the helmet on the action figure (not a doll--girls play with those), the back half of the helmet looks modified PASGT and the front looks like part of the WWII-through Vietnam helmets. I'd go for the thinnest (not smallest) airsoft PASGT for the back, and see if you can't scrounge up an old fiberglass helmet liner for the front. Between the two, I think you'll be pretty close to the mark.

Redshirt

2. Seth Knight

Seth Knight

Definately going to be my next build after my noble six. I don't know about the Juggy on MW2, but on MW3 (the support one) has a riot shield, just wondering if you were or weren't going to make one. If not whenever I get to making one I'll. Good Luck!

Seth

3. Psquiddy

Psquiddy Member

Thanks for the thought Redshirt, unfortunately the helmets only come in one size on the website, but I see what you are talking about, the whole "multiple helmet approach might be good to look into, thanks!

The only issue with making a riot shield is the fact that it would have to be made of a strong plastic. I experimented early with plexiglass, but the width I would need for it to work would be at least half an inch, and that stuff costs a lot of money.

4. Seth Knight

Seth Knight

I was tinking just a huge sheet of acrylic see through plastic, find the right way to heat it into a slightly hill like shape, then drill in a brace and a handle. It's just an idea, your build will still be amazing withou the riot shield!
    Seth

5. Psquiddy

Psquiddy Member

Thanks Seth, yeah, I had a similar idea, you just need to find out the perfect mold for the ballistic shield. The problem is that BBs travel at excess of 350-400 feet per second, and though that might not sound like much, most plastics are surprisingly weak when pitted against it. Good luck on your shield though.

6. Azule Kitsune

Azule Kitsune New Member

Evike.com has riot shields/ so does paulsonriot. I also used a nam fighter piolet helmet for mine

7. Redshirt

Redshirt

A couple of months ago a kid brought his home made shield to the local field. Personally, I can't stand the things in airsoft because its nearly an insurmountable defense, especially if there's no grenade play. HOWEVER, his shield was thin enough that it got little star cracks every place it got hit. I admit it looked cooler and cooler as it gained 'seasoning' throughout the game day. Never once did it get penetrated. A 'destructible' shield may give you more satisfaction than you think.

Redshirt

8. PigBenis

PigBenis Well-Known Member

Sir . i have no expression that could fit in this thread. ill try to describe it with my vocablurary so far but its only the lowest way of beeing amazed :

DAMN THIS SHIZZLE LOOKS GREAT ! i love it dude !

ill keep hamaring my f5 xD
    giff5.gif

9. Psquiddy

Psquiddy Member

THanks for the response Pig, lol at the F5. I feel like I do that sometimes to see is I put up a post using my subconsious.

@Redshirt. Yeah, I was considering that, but I found a friend who's dad works at a body shop, so we are going to be layering lexan plastic, then we will be taking certain suit parts (rioshield mostly) to a firing range to see what kind of looks we can get from 12g Buck and some 9mm :D

Small update without pictures. Currently I'm based in Ft meyers and I have no way of working on the suit, and in a few days I'll be flying up to new york for some last-minute work with my uncle's construction company. Recently I've been hitting the gym a lot to make sure I can support this armor and the gun, not to mention the riot shield that is going to be roughly 25 pounds ( gasp!). Construction recently has been slow, since I've been working on getting stuff for school which starts the 20th. I put some more detail in the back , and I've been brainstorming about how tomake the back panel seem bigger. I need to bulk out the back more since the collar has about 3/4'' -1'' overhang off the back plate. Any suggestions would be appreciated. So far I have 2 utility pouches (the green ones) and a grey one I've been working on shaping, and I need some more Ideas on what to place on the back. Besides the phone, I brainstormaed with a few 40 Mike Mike's (40mm) and some other things, but any suggestions would be great. Have a nice day, and thanks for reading the thread!

10. PigBenis

PigBenis Well-Known Member

Sorry if it was rude expressed but i had to say it my way even if its offense to someone :O

I really love it . i dont say it cos i have to i just love it dude ! :)

11. ajfromnj

ajfromnj Jr Member

This looks beast as hell! I cannot wait to see this thing finished! Great job with the foam so far

12. Psquiddy

Psquiddy Member

@ Pig: No one said you had to love it, and I didn't take it offensively lol :D

13. Seth Knight

Seth Knight

Hey, there's a reason why you can't stop the juggernaut lol!!! Hey, are you just going to be using the pistol/revolver or are you going to try to find an airsoft LMG?

Seth

14. Psquiddy

Psquiddy Member

Not sure I understood that first part of the sentence , but yeah, I'm thinking of getting a Desert Eagle and and LMG, but the LMG first. Most people have been telling me that I need to get an M60, but I'm thinking of an M249 instead since the magazine isn't on the left side (i'm right handed).

15. Seth Knight

Seth Knight

By definition a juggernaut can't be stopped, I was referring to the fact that you have to be strong enough to carry all of that around.

I was just looking up Airsoft LMG's, and to be honest it's going to be the most expensive part of your costume, it may even double the cost of it!

Though it could be an amazing addition to tote around something that big and awesome!

Seth

16. Psquiddy

Psquiddy Member

Well let me calculate the costs so far:

Foam 4 pack of sheets: $10
    bought 3 of them: $30

Joannes Burlap and netting fabric: $20

Foamies accent sheets: $10

Hot glue-glue sticks : $8

Krylon terra-cotta color spray-paint: 3 cans= $10

Kon-KRETE truck-bed liner paint: $28

Strapping: $4

Parachute buckles: $2

Quik-release buckles: $2

Military combat boots: $25

Military kevlar-bonded jumpsuit: $70

Balaclava: $10

Hot-knife multitool: $30

Extra blades: $5

Velcro straps: $10

So so far it's about $269.88 and It's not even finished. I still have to order more paint, strapping, foam, and gloves... not to mention a $320 Light Machine Gun, and the $30 monthly subscription to my gym (that one's worth it). So yeah, it's a really expensive project lol.

17. Seth Knight

Seth Knight

I know what you understand about expensive, I'm making a N6 Spartan out of pepakura and fiberglass, I've already spent 150 and I'm no where near done! (200 comes a lot quicker than you think...)

18. Psquiddy

Psquiddy Member

Yeah, you're telling me :D

19. Spartan 1004

Spartan 1004 Jr Member

Great work Bruder! I wish i could do such amazing Stuff but I'm already struggeling with my Mark V Armor and those Scalingbullshitnonsensefool :D

20. Psquiddy

Psquiddy Member

Just takes practice man

Also to all: Update Tomorrow soonest, Friday latest. Just received my new Airsoft rifle and I'm having way too much fun to work :D

21. Seth Knight

Seth Knight

YES!!! THE PSQUIDDY LIVES!!! *cough* aside from that I can't wait to see what additions you've made.

22. CPO mendez

CPO mendez

First of all, you may be my favourite person.

second of all, do you have a link to the hot cutter you bought? slean foam cutting has been the bane of my build and i have no idea where to buy one!

23. Redshirt

Redshirt

What did you get?

Redshirt

24. Psquiddy

Psquiddy Member

Update number... er, let's say 19?

Oh. My. God.
    Words can not explain how deeply and sincerely sorry I am. Seriously, I am so ashamed of myself, no joke. I kept coming on here, blabbing about Update this and New Picture that, and understand that when I say that I am groveling for your forgiveness, I am. If I can, I will explain.

This next Paragraph is my explanation, skip it if you just came for the photos.

School started, and right off the bat there were problems, between transportation ( I drive so I have to work) and overall horrible teachers, I have been swamped with work for the past month of school. And if that isn't enough, my Mac, which is a Titanium series, died on my on the fifteenth of August. If you don't know, the Titanium series was in production from 2001-2002... yeah, a 11-12 year old Mac. If you can imagine the amount of pictures, videos, and files I had on there, you would understand. I bought a new Mac Mini about a week ago and spent the entire week digitally fishing for EVERY FILE. Over half a Terabyte (1000 gigs) of memory has been extruded in the past week, which includes all my photos for the Juggernaut suit. This update will contain at least 30-40 pics. After transferring every last file I finally got the courage to put up my files on the 405th. and got a message saying that it is updating... go figure. So now that we can get back to business, here is the long lost update.

Replies
    @ CPO Mendez: This is the tool I purchased, the one I bought I bought from Michael's , and it came with a case for it too.
    http://www.walnuthollow.com/28094creativehobbytool.aspx

@ Redshirt: It's off Airsoft Gi, it's a Lancer-Tactical Full-Metal G300, and I also bought an N*Star Tactical red/green dot cantilever mounted sight. order total was $250 and with the promo-code "Facebookfan" I was able to also get bbs.

No joke it has been so long since my last update, so here we go, if the pictures aren't in order, sorry... I think I left off at the back plate getting work done.

July-August
    Summary: Worked on the finish for the collar, began working on the back plate, and went shopping for new gear for the suit.

Pictures:

Related note: The Mac Mini onto which my half-terabyte of info has been copied , alleluia!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Onto the suit, first for the updates: The finishing and painting of the collar:

[​IMG]
    Beginning taping off of the collar (battlefield 3 on the screen)

[​IMG]
    Finished paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I also mounted the back-plate to the Collar

... And replaced the bolts with new wide washers:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And fixed some seals on the back plate:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Army-Navy Store: The army-navy store I went to called "Al's army/navy" was amazing. everyone there was super awesome and super supportive. The manager of the store (strangely not named Al) Rick helped me around, and even knew what I was woking on building. While I was there I picked up a holster, gloves, and a bayonet sheath for the waist area. Here's a few pics for show:

[​IMG]

Too many photos, more in the next part.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
  25. Psquiddy

Psquiddy Member

Update 19 Part 2

The rest of the photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looks a bit funny I know, but I assure you it's the shorts.

Rivets: So I decided that the suit needed a nice edge to it to give it that plate-metal look, so I borrowed my father's rivet gun, bought various packs of rivets, and went to work, the rest of this update is for the Rivets:

Vambraces:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Knee Covers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I found a pic of all my files transferring, you can see my titanium series under the monitor:
    [​IMG]

More photos in part 3!