MW2 Juggernaut Suit Foam build : WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, I'm rather loving the neck brace so far, I've been working on a juggs myself (just starten on sholder pads to beef it up)but that's been a problem so far for me ,i can't wait to see it done, good job

Nice, I'm rather loving the neck brace so far, I've been working on a juggs myself (just starten on sholder pads to beef it up)but that's been a problem so far for me ,i can't wait to see it done, good job

Yeah, the collar was kickin' me in the gonads myself. All I can suggest is to make it in two parts like me, join them, then build onto that. The best thing to do is to create templates, and I can see if I can scan/re make them and give them to you if you want.

@ Tiberius: Even if you don't think it's much of an update, you would be surprised all the help you can get from just posting a few things. just by posting about painting problems in one of my mini updates, I got some awesome advice from Redshirt, so don't underestimate a simple update :D

wow i have been gone! haha! i really missed this build in the time ive been busy! god it looks so friggin amazing!!!!!!! love the collar and the pauldrons the most! truth be told, you do look a little odd right now, like one of those chibi dolls! haha, though, i know you got pieces to finish that will bring everything back into its proper look! cant wait for more dude!

Dude this is a hot topic. ! Progressing well. Foam is turning out well. I used those eyelets too. With screws and pop rivets + washers. Weapon ideas?

Yes... It's Here... Update #12 :D

Wait... It's actually Update 14... there goes my mind... out the window as of now :/

Well, first off, I want to apologize for the lack of updates recently. between work, school, Rocking the Xbox, studying for various things, driving, going to the bathroom, surfing youtube, facebook, myspace, sleeping, having my parents control my summer, eating, and many other things, I just couldn't find the time to upload anything... and vice-versa for finishing anything on the suit. This update is really only about the arms... reason being... well. does anyone read my excuses? No? Well it all started out with me buying glue-sticks at Michael's... well I got home, got everything set up, got the vambraces out, and began gluing. I got as far as to install one strap onto one vambrace and connect the elbow pads to the actual covers... many of you probably saw this picture:

dscn8908a.jpg

That was as far as I got. I finished gluing that strap, and bingo! I can't find the bag of glue-sticks that I had just bought! Right? tell me about it!
Well, I went out, bought new glue, and began gluing the rest of the straps. I had some pictures of the original vambraces but they sat too high up on my arms. I compensated for this by inserting cut-foam pieces to make my arms sit-up higher, and by god's grace they were a perfect fit... so without any further stalling (as the pictures load) here are the finished Vambraces... but don't think this is the end of the update? Nope! just keep scrolling down

dscn8917u.jpg

dscn8916t.jpg

dscn8915oz.jpg

jug2.jpg

jug1an.jpg

As I said I wasn't finished... cause I'm not :D

I was rummaging around in our Garage down here in sunny Florida one hot day, when I came across my Father's old Colt 44 special replica. At first I though it was a real gun, till my father pointed it at me and yelled "BANG". We laughed, then he told me about how it is actually a high-quality replica of the long-barrel model of the 44 Magnum. I took a good long look at it, and thought that I could either use it on the Juggernaut suit for looks, or even better... Make an NCR Ranger from Fallout: New Vegas since it looked super identical to the Sequoia given to them for "respectable service". Wanted to get your opinion on it, so here ya go;

dscn8918d.jpg

dscn8919.jpg

dscn8920.jpg

dscn8921t.jpg

So there you go... one Sequoia for your pleasure. One more thing.. if you're a Team Fortress fan like me, you might be interested in the amazing and awesome videos they post on their site... the interview ones to be specific. Though it took forever, they finally came up with one for the Pyro, and as soon as I watched it, I knew I wanted to make a video inspired from it, except with the Juggernaut in place... Wanted to get your opinion on my opinion, so here's the Video;

As always, thanks for taking the time to view my updates... thanks for the criticism and for all the support, have an awesome day :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help, I guess it's a little misleading, since it says Colt on the side.... I guess it was a manufacturing mishap. Btw off topic, to you watch Evangelion? I always wondered that since your Avatar is EVA Unit 01

Yeah im a huge Eva-nut XD and yeah it's also very similar to the Colt Dragoon, the guns are practially the same except that the remmy has that section of metal over the cylinder and the Colt doesn't. It's kinda nit picking though XD

Im sorry, but a colt dragoon looks nothing like the remington new army. its meant to resemble the colt 1851 army revolver, as the new model army was created by remington as a competitor and improvement on the colt, hence the "new model" army name.

Quick question: Does anyone have any legitimate ways of weathering burlap aside from throwing it into the dirt? Please PM me or post here, thanks for all your help!

Quick question: Does anyone have any legitimate ways of weathering burlap aside from throwing it into the dirt? Please PM me or post here, thanks for all your help!

You can always lightly spray paint it with black or brown. I did that on a gillie suit and it worked fine.

Stain it pseudo-randomly with tea and rub the high areas lightly with a wire brush. After you are done weathering it with the wire brush, hit it with a good coat of hair spray. That will stabilize the burlap from weathering more than you want after the costume is finished.

Redshirt

Update... 15?

Kind of losing track here, it's funny how I have only like 15 updates on this suit, and yet it seems like so much has happened. Fun fact: My photobucket account for this build has somewhere around the vicinity of 158 images of this thing! and it's not even finished is the shocking part.

SO if you were wondering why I haven't had any updates for relatively a month now, it's because of school applications, work, camp, working on the ODST (updates soon) and general laziness. To be honest, when I finished the interior collar and took a look at my handiwork (the night-time pictures of the full suit) It was a little disappointing, and I seriously lost drive for the build. For a few weeks I was considering just scrapping the build altogether, but I decided to look at the photos. All I could see that was wrong was that the suit looked too clean... it wasn't satisfying to think that that was the only thing I could think of changing.

Well the suit started gathering dust, until I got a message the other day from possibly my favorite member here, Redshirt. It was a super simple message, just asking if I had any more updates coming along, and that he was excited to see the suit finished... To be honest, that was an awesome message, and got my rear in gear. I whipped out the glue-gun, cut up some foam, and now I have an update for you guys. Keep in mind it's not finished, but I do say it's looking pretty darn good.
(P.s. If you have read this far, congrats on having a super amount of patience with my words :D)

So I started with a simple template for the exterior collar, just to get that weird ear-loop thing on the sides that raises the back up. Simple really, but I had to re-do it several times to get the right size;

juggernautsuit001.jpg

juggernautsuit002.jpg

juggernautsuit003.jpg

After that was finished and cut, I had to make an identical copy of the piece of foam on the front of the helmet, below the mouth guard. I had to trim it a bit, then I began mounting the curved ear-pieces onto it.

juggernautsuit004.jpg

juggernautsuit005.jpg

juggernautsuit006.jpg

And after that was finished I started gluing the rest of the foam scraps to wrap around the back and join at the back seam.

juggernautsuit009.jpg

juggernautsuit007.jpg

juggernautsuit008.jpg

juggernautsuit010.jpg

I also realized that I would have to join the entire thing together somehow, since the curved pieces actually slide into place next to the mouth guard, so I thought I would join the two arms together with one more piece of foam, like in this photo:

back2e.jpg

Also, I'm considering either seriously weathering this jumpsuit or getting one with a pattern, since I look at the juggernaut as a whole, and it looks too clean. All things considered, the first route is probably the best to attempt, but I also need input on how to weather fabrics like burlap and nylon. Any input is appreciated, thanks for reading, and have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back