MW2 Juggernaut Suit Foam build : WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nicely done.
If you are actually planning on using the facemask in an actual airsoft game, you should make sure to wear propper eye protection underneath. Revision Bullet Ants seem like a good option.
On the other hand, have thought about getting a set of Flora BDU?

Very nicely done.
If you are actually planning on using the facemask in an actual airsoft game, you should make sure to wear propper eye protection underneath. Revision Bullet Ants seem like a good option.
On the other hand, have thought about getting a set of Flora BDU?

Lol flora BDUs:D

Since you are looking at airsoft options with this, how about velcro to the balaclava over a mesh mask like any of the 'Striker' series from Matrix listed on Evike. The mesh would provide your safety as well as support the mounting of the purely cosmetic mask. For game play, you could build a second version of the mask with wider/shorter tubes to improve your field of view.

Alternatively, you could rebuild the mask as a frontpiece to a set of low profile game-legal wire or plastic goggles. They would provide the mounting straps ready-made.

Beautiful work so far, keep it up. Looking forward to the M60 build.

Redshirt

Thanks Red! I was considering something similar to this, the only thing I'm nervous about is wearing it lol. Game-legal plastic looks promising right about now, but I'll have to see what I have to work with after spending $300 on an airsoft gun :D

Game-legal plastic looks promising right about now, but I'll have to see what I have to work with after spending $300 on an airsoft gun :D

So does that mean you are going with the airsoft M60? There are many good ones out there, now with full metal content. Keep an eye on your local Craigslist for an M60 as well as the classified on the sites of local airsoft clubs. Maybe save a little coin and put your build time into an H4 weapon or something that isn't available off the shelf?

You had an earlier painting issue with cracking due to flexing and were looking at Rustoleum. Two thoughts, and they are compatible: Use 3M Rubberized Undercoating to give texture to anything you want to look like cast metal. Don't use any other undercoating--most have some asphalt or tar content that takes forever to dry and smells nasty for a year. Second, buy paint designed for car bumpers or for recoloring vinyl or leather seats. There are many colors available and the dried product is flexible. Krylon Fusion paints for plastic also work well, but not a lot of 'tactical' colors are available.

Redshirt

Use 3M Rubberized Undercoating to give texture to anything you want to look like cast metal. Don't use any other undercoating--most have some asphalt or tar content that takes forever to dry and smells nasty for a year. Second, buy paint designed for car bumpers or for recoloring vinyl or leather seats. There are many colors available and the dried product is flexible. Krylon Fusion paints for plastic also work well, but not a lot of 'tactical' colors are available.

Thanks man! any suggestions on removing the current layer of paint I have on the suit if I do recolor it? I was thinking of just painting over the existing paint, but I don't know how well that would work :/

Krylon Fusion paints for plastic also work well, but not a lot of 'tactical' colors are available.

Redshirt

I definately second this. I cant speak for the other paints redshirt mentioned, but a while back i used to do custom paint jobs on xbox controllers for people, and fusion was the only paint i trusted. It doesnt run, it sticks like a charm to plastic, doesnt come off from water or sweat
(The main reason it was great for controllers), and it flexes quite well for being a cheaper paint that isnt even designed to do that. Ive used it myself for foam pieces in the past, and while you do have to saturate the foam with it pretty good, it yeilds a very nice result.
And thats just my two cents. ;)

Update #12: Long Awaited!

Before I even go into this update, I would like to thank all the support, suggestions, and help that I have gotten from people like;
Redshirt
higdog827
Ironmonger
RestRepo
Admiral Tiberius
Road Kill
and many others... Thanks for being here time and again to help my out guys, you're the best!

Onto the update, which is long awaited (I hope)
Not much has been done over the last few weeks, as many students in Florida know, we get out of school this Thursday... and what do we have before then? Final exams. That's whats been taking up all of my free time is studying for those, so I'm going to be completely honest when I say this: This is a micro update :(

Seriously so little work has been done, between studying for tests, raising money for the AEG (willing to work in the Orlando area *hint hint*) and researching for the correct paint, which believe it or not is a time consuming process.

This update is all about the collar, now before you get all excited, no. It isn't finished yet :/, I have simply made the interior collar, cut it, resized it time and time again, and bolted it together (literally!) So without further adieu, I give you this micro update, starting with the collar itself:
dscn8889g.jpg

as I said, literally bolted on (and glued :3)
dscn8890c.jpg

And the extent of my vision capabilities. Keep in mind I also have the mask on, so serious tunnel vision folks :/
dscn8891c.jpg

And second to last, and nowhere least, a horrible full-body shot lol. I had the mask on and my crude balaclava, so I couldn't see the camera if it was right in front of my eyes :D
dscn8887q.jpg

And to really finish it off, a uber-blurry shot of my head, once again my inability to see cost me dearly :/
dscn8888g.jpg

Still to be added to the suit is the Drop-leg pouches and the other armor plates need strapping, but I'm holding off on that till I know everything about the paint scenario lol

So that's it for this update folks, sorry if it was a bit of a disappointment, but hey, I have a life to live... I think.

Live long and prosper!

Dont get fooled by its funny name, the Flora pattern is a pretty bad ass russian camo lol
Im pretty sure its the same camo as on the Juggernaut action figure you have.

vsr_bdu.jpg

Not my figure, which brings me to my second point: It's not to scale.
The dude who made that figure that I keep using photos of made it out of his imagination, and I'm going with a simpler approach to the suit. Not that I don't like the Flora, I do, it's just I don't want to spend a heap of money on new BDUs when I have this jumpsuit which does it's purpose.

Update 13....ish?

Alrighty then, he we are again with another update, but I'm calling this like a 13 and a half since I'll be putting another one up before the day is over, but here we go. In the last few hours I completed portions on the helmet, and.... well that's about it lol. This update is about the collar then... here we go, Starrrrrtttiiinnnngggg..... Now!

So in these first couple of pictures you're going to see some reenforcing parts were added to the collar, as well as exterior parts which will help as mounting brackets for the full-on exterior portion that will be mounted to the interior collar.

dscn8892k.jpg

dscn8893m.jpg

dscn8896.jpg

dscn8898b.jpg

And with a strap from a backpack and some hot glue applied foamies, I finished the mask mounting.

dscn8894.jpg

And the mask clipped on, as well as the collar:

dscn8904f.jpg

And my favorite picture taken so far:

wear2.jpg

That's it for now, check up soon for another update, "Before the Clock strikes '12'"

Update 13....ish Part 2

Wow... I feel embarrased :/
Lemme explain what happened:

So there I was, gluing the finishing touches onto the body-plate and test fitting everything, when I got the idea to do this two-part update. So I made the first part, which was all about the collar and such, and I kept thinking to myself "Heh, I'll just finish connecting the for-arm plates together, and strap them, then test the entire suit for a big surprise!"
Well... That didn't go according to plan :/

So I'm there, happily listening to my Talking Heads records whilst gluing the first of the forearm plates together; I finish the first, then the second, and then I go and say to myself " I guess it's time to glue the velcro strapping on :D" Well I couldn't find the strapping, couldn't find it until I checked the back seat of the car, and there they were, all ready to be glued on and showed-off to you guys in style.

So naturally I sanded down some more foam, and started gluing one of the four straps into the for-arm cover (There are 2 straps per cover) As I get towards the end of the gluing, I start thinking to myself "Wow, this glue sure is hard to work out", so I take a look at the gun, and see that the glue is low... Still with me? So get this, I go to look for another glue-stick, and they had magically disappeared!

I'm dead serious, like one second their there, and the next, they had been whisked away so fast I could have sworn the Nyan cat had broken into my house and taken them. I finished gluing the one strap (OUT OF FOUR!!!) into the cover-piece, and began to look for them. Well, 20 minutes later I was getting no where, it's like an entire bag of glue had just disappeared! Long story short (not really) I didn't finish the big surprise I had for you guys... sorry about that. So all I have for you is these pictures of the suit so far, along with the one bracer that is half-glued :C

Please forgive me XC

dscn8908a.jpg

(You can see the one-strap-bracer above ^)

dscn8909.jpg

dscn8910.jpg

dscn8911o.jpg

Hopefully I can make a run to Michael's tomorrow, they don't exactly stay open "Late" lol. Check up for more updates soon, have a great night :D

Thanks man, yeah, it sucks. When are you going to post more photos of your N7 Suit? I'm getting impatient :D

Edit: Awesome... the 117th post. We will never forget...

Tell me about it! I've been swamped with my summer job, and to think I once thought I would have more time to work on it! Ha! I don't feel like I have enough done to post an update yet, just bondo and sanding work on the chest plate. Also been working on the omni blade which is actually a much more manageable piece, but again not much to post. If we are lucky ill get a post up tomorrow after a full Sunday of working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back