My Arc Reactor wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

asymth

Hello,
recently i came across Honus' arc reactor on instructables, and so i figured i would take a crack at it. My design is similar to his, but not exact because i do not have some of the tools required to build this. The only major difference though is that instead of building the lower spider frame, i will be holding everything together with small metal bits. The copper wire is temporary until i get something thicker, ant the metal on the sides of the wire are just staples that i found on an old cardboard box. Not sure how to add a pic. to a thread so i will just post a link.

The reactor so far:
asymth
asymth
Snapshot_20100629.jpg

asymth
Snapshot_20100629_3.jpg

asymth
asymth

The blueprints

Snapshot_20100629_4.jpg

asymth

Just finished the outer ring and it came out very nicely:p
Snapshot_20100629_17.jpg

Also, could someone tell me how to post pics directly to threads?
asymth

To add images click on the little 'Add Image' icon above the writing box thing (The one that is a picture of a tree. Then add the URL of the picture. As so:

halo1_narrowweb__300x3790.jpg

Ok, i just finished building the outside of the reactor; the part that makes it look like its coming out of my chest and holds everything together. I had built the inner ring out of plastic to see how everything would fit, but it broke when i tried to take a piece off of it.:(
Snapshot_20100708.jpg

This is the outer ring, i made by cutting the top of a plastic cup and gluing a piece of plastic around it.
Snapshot_20100708_1.jpg

The yellow rings in the middle are what is left of the test center ring.
Snapshot_20100708_3.jpg

Over all, the reactor is pretty thin; only half an inch.
I will be adding the LED's soon...i just haven't had a chance to by them.:p

Very, very nice so far. I was thinking, for the outer ring bit, the one that was cut from a plastic cup, maybe you should buy some silver insulation tape. It is extremely stick but is shiny as. It's mainly used in air conditioners. Anyways, it was just a though. Great work though

Very, very nice so far. I was thinking, for the outer ring bit, the one that was cut from a plastic cup, maybe you should buy some silver insulation tape. It is extremely stick but is shiny as. It's mainly used in air conditioners. Anyways, it was just a though. Great work though
Yeah, i was thinking about painting it either silver or black. I think it was black in the first movie.
downeystarkreactor2.jpg

I got the plexiglass and outer rings finished!;););):p
The led's are super bright so i couldn't get a good picture with my laptop, but i got a few distant ones. I also painted the outer ring black, and rewrapped the copper wire.
Snapshot_20100716.jpg

Snapshot_20100716_5.jpg

Snapshot_20100716_6.jpg

Snapshot_20100716_10.jpg

That's really good man. If you don't mind me asking, what was the total build cost?
The total cost so far is about $50. $13 for a hole saw, $6 for 18 feet of copper wire, $20 for LED'S (including shipping, they were $13 on there own), and $3 for sheet metal. The rest of the materials i already had.:D I am currently building the mount that says, "Proof That Tony Stark Has A Heart". I designed it so that i could remove the main reactor part from the mount, wear it, and put it back in. I will not be able to post any updates for two weeks :(, because i am going on vacation.:D:D:D

Thank you for all of yous kind words! Today i got most of the stand i was talking about done. Here are a few pictures:
Snapshot_20100802_4.jpg

Snapshot_20100802_3.jpg

Snapshot_20100802_2.jpg

Snapshot_20100802_1.jpg

Snapshot_20100802.jpg

The silver pipe running out of the bottom is just a toilet supply line, it is where i house the battery and wiring for the stand.

I got most of the reactor finished this week! The only thing left to do is add a sink filter to the center. I decided to make the center ring out of card stock instead of metal due to simplicity, and the metal ring in the middle is just a keyring. Lots of pics:
All lit up:
Snapshot_20100825_5.jpg

Angle:
Snapshot_20100825_4.jpg

Side is only half an inch thick:
Snapshot_20100825_2.jpg

Lights off:
Snapshot_20100825_6.jpg

Back battery holder:

Snapshot_20100825_3.jpg
Snapshot_20100825_7.jpg

360:
[video]http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/ab3/asymth/?action=view&current=Capture_20100825.mp4[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back