My Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
dacacheman said:
what did you use for the detail painting. i know thats not spraypaint

Browse through the thread...I posted the exact brand of acrylic a on either page 1 or 2, and also the clear and primer I used.

And thanks to everyone else! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow man this is amazing. I am going to be making my armor soon. (I started before to find out, that I cant use regular paper lol) I hope this armor comes out this good :D.

That looks really good man, you did an excellent job paying attention to the details! How is your arm movement though? The forearms look like they may rub to much on the biceps?

Which reference pictures did you end up using? I'm interested in checking those out :) I have a person who majored in Art who is going to detail mine for me, and it'd be great to have the same level of detail as yours has :)

Finally wore the armor this past weekend at Youmacon (if there are any anime heads here they'll know what it is). Anyways, here are some of the photos I got done (will have more as they get finished editing them):

8b7626t.jpg

*Photo by Unknown :(

mc1mu0.jpg

*Photo by Still Visions

hey man very nice job!! one of the best armours ive ever seen!! how did u get it to look so shiney and detailed? what brand of paint did you use? also what type of primer if u even used any?

wow ur suit is awesome it really looks good im just wondering what the sword is made of cause im thinking of making 1 hmmmm also ur hair still makes u look like the guy who plays as peter parker in spider man but ur hair is the emo kinda look in the third movie

I know you have probably heard this a thousand times , that is an amazing paintjob and looks like you really put effort into it man. Congrats.

P32 said:
Do you have any pics of it before it was painted? am curious to see what it looked like.

I have a few pics before it was detailed if that'll help at all...I basically went piece by piece.

s6001200fi8.jpg

progress2sp6.jpg

halohelmetet6.jpg

Hey I see a lot of you guys with armor that fits you pretty well. I just printed out the HAlo 3 Torso I used a scale of 26. I don't know why but it just seems small. (I haven't put it together yet) I used 26 for my helmet and that fits great. What are you guys using for your torso. I mean If some of you have a helmet 26 and a torso 30 that would probably something good to know. God I hate the scaling process. By the way...PROPS to all you guys that have already completed armor from start to finish. This project requires some serious time and dedication. Just cutting takes like 2 hours for the torso alone almost.

NuYOrka103185 said:
Hey I see a lot of you guys with armor that fits you pretty well. I just printed out the HAlo 3 Torso I used a scale of 26. I don't know why but it just seems small. (I haven't put it together yet) I used 26 for my helmet and that fits great. What are you guys using for your torso. I mean If some of you have a helmet 26 and a torso 30 that would probably something good to know. God I hate the scaling process. By the way...PROPS to all you guys that have already completed armor from start to finish. This project requires some serious time and dedication. Just cutting takes like 2 hours for the torso alone almost.

If you scaled your chest piece to the same as your helmet than it's going to be the same height as your helmet. O_O That's gonna be some funky armor if you decide to finish it. You need to measure your waist size and torso height. That's what I did and so far it's working out great.

NuYOrka103185 said:

I took a different route than actually scaling it to my size. The first thing I did was the helmet in a 1:1 scale, and realized MC was quite a bit bigger to me. So what I did then, I just scaled all the pieces down an even 20% (besides the crotch, it was only a 10% reduction). Like I said a few times, I wanted the armor to be a bit bigger than should have, as MC is supposed to have a "large" appearance; not a "clothing-tight" appearance. I used the undersuit for this effects as well. Bought a SWAT jumper in a size bigger than regular fit so it would fill in the gaps in the armor but still look natural.

BTW, I'm roughly 5' 10" and 150 pounds...athletic build if that helps anyone at all.

I haven't been here in a looong while, but I am pleased with what I see. Like many of you the pepakura route is the best way to some armor since the sculpting and molding would cost $$$$. Personally, I have always wanted to do a UNSC Marine but the armor bits have been a mystery.

Painting. The thing that makes this armor POP, if you will, is the paint job. Truely awsome. Looks like the folded edges are painted with a think line of white; the flat sides are brushed with some black and a little battle scaring here in there. Is this correct? I could be mistaken, but that seems like the painting stratagie here. Not that I am belittling the paint job by any stretch of the imagination, but just trying to breack down the thought process.

Still reading on how to do Pepakura, but I now see anything is possible. Thank and everyone here for peaking my interest again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back