My Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spase said:
I know how it feels to have a supportive girl friend.... keep up the encouragement, and the painting... theres not any chance that you sew too... maybe whip him up and undersuit... lol

damn you people, mines as interested in this stuff (and non pc gaming) as a sloth is in running. :mad: :cautious:

Last edited by a moderator:
Spase said:
Nice paint... everything was brushed on? Inetersting method, and it turned out great. He is lucky to have you... and as some of the kids around here getting hormones might think, he's a god for having a girlfriend who helps with his suit... ;) I know how it feels to have a supportive girl friend.... keep up the encouragement, and the painting... theres not any chance that you sew too... maybe whip him up and undersuit... lol

I dont sew, I can but only small things ... but I did buy a sewing machine because I want to learn how to make stuff, Ive just been busy.

the green paint was sprayed on, and everything else was done with acrylics and with brushes and a sponge. I paint everything like I would paint a one of my paintings, so it is not very hard for me to create depth and details using darks and whites on a flat suraface.

flying_squirl fell free to steal my idea :)

Alright guys, finished it up.

finishedwj0.jpg

Ended up using a black SWAT suit for the under suit. I left the scale a little larger to give me a bigger appearance, then used the suit in a large size to fill the armor pieces.

So thanks to everyone for all the help, the encouragement, and the files to even do this! :D

When I opened this thread the first thing I said was literally "HOLY S#!7!!!" out loud. Spectacular job on this suit of armor. A+ for you. :D

good job man. definitely a great mark V. it looks almost exactly like in-game. if you made a custom underarmor, it would be awesome.

optimusaint said:
good job man. definitely a great mark V. it looks almost exactly like in-game. if you made a custom underarmor, it would be awesome.

I actually have to put together an undersuit for a Gears of War costume here soon, so if I have enough latex left, I might start designing one. I also have to construct another armor set for my gf before February so... (and yes, it's gonna be pink :p)

4ng31 said:
I actually have to put together an undersuit for a Gears of War costume here soon, so if I have enough latex left, I might start designing one. I also have to construct another armor set for my gf before February so... (and yes, it's gonna be pink :p)

yes yes pink for me :D

u look great in it, putting on you is a real process tho :D

The color scheme looks so good on this one that it's hard to believe it's pepakura. I'd also like to say that the feet on yours looks like the best I've seen.

What reference pictures did you use for your suit? Did you just "feel" it through, or actually look at pictures?

funymonkey811 said:
please record your gf doing the painting great job on it im gonna do mine that way! the fiberglass vid would be great but not that needed. but definatly do the painting! please!?!? :love:

Very nice, glad you cleared it. LOL. Cause I was going to clear my suits.
After seeing the look, I'm sticking with a matte enamel laquer spray.

Many thanks for that. I would have cried after I saw the end result.

Good work.

Reclaimer said:
The color scheme looks so good on this one that it's hard to believe it's pepakura. I'd also like to say that the feet on yours looks like the best I've seen.

Understatment of the century, With out a doubt this is the BEST PEP ARMOUR I HAVE EVER SEEN! This thing is awsome! How long did it take you to build? Will you upload a video of you wearing it? And for the detail on the thige pisces ect. what did you use? Or are they slyfos models? But altogether, that thing is FANTASTIC! Kudos to you man!

(y) Oh yeah! And in my boos thats easily a 5*suite! :)
--smilie120

Very nice, this is WOWness the scale of it looks great on you aswell!! I'm so gealous that ur making another one for your gf my husband is almost finished with his but I really don't think hes gonna want to make a pink spartan for me, booooo :/

Great job with yours!!!!

Nice suit, very battle damaged, when Mine is done it will be damaged like yours, probably not as burnt looking, but it will be scratched up all over and burnt here and there, I really love the suit, with that type of paintjob, it will amaze tons of people, and when your tired, ebay is your answer, then you get tons of money...the cycle of armor owning...

smilie120 said:
Understatment of the century, With out a doubt this is the BEST PEP ARMOUR I HAVE EVER SEEN! This thing is awsome! How long did it take you to build? Will you upload a video of you wearing it? And for the detail on the thige pisces ect. what did you use? Or are they slyfos models? But altogether, that thing is FANTASTIC! Kudos to you man!

(y) Oh yeah! And in my boos thats easily a 5*suite! :)
--smilie120

LOL...thanks. Now let me see about your questions.

Took me a little under a month (I don't remember specific start date, but roughly 28 days). Yes, I will get a video (I think I'm gonna rock it out on Halloween so I can show off the LED's). For the details, on different parts of the suit, I used different things. Thighs and chest, I used that TAP plastic clay, the helmet was all bondo, and the rest was just fiberglass resin and mat with paint. And the models I used were from the sticky at the top of the page (Slyfo's weren't out when I started I believe...unless I just missed them...lol).

Wow! Ok thanx, I wish mine was as goodn as yours :). Congrats again man i bet ur really chuffed! Id be to, to owns somthing as awsome as this :lol:

Incredible! I love it! Sadly, never got to finish the armor in time :p better luck next year.

Are all the details by paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back