My borderlands psycho speed build (lots of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pretty sweet psycho, man! For the next build, how about a Combine soldier (Half-Life) mask? It's kinda similar to psycho mask. If you are tired of masks, how 'bout converting a helmet from a motorcycle helmet?

I have a motorcycle, and a helmet that I might want to upgrade, but Im not sure what you mean by conversion. Ive never seen that done.
So far thinking about doing the buzzaxe to compliment the psycho, or another mask, since they are small and whatnot. Ive never been big into half-life, but maybe something from another game. I need to go through my game library and think about what badass ideas are in there. Its always tempting to do halo, but having done one MC helm, I can definitely say its more than I can tackle right now.

My other thought was to do the other bandit mask, this one. The costume I have matches it more than the psycho mask
Bandit-R01.png

PS, just found this article, wow..... http://barnyardfx.blogspot.com/2012/09/borderlands-2.html

I have a motorcycle, and a helmet that I might want to upgrade, but Im not sure what you mean by conversion. Ive never seen that done.
So far thinking about doing the buzzaxe to compliment the psycho, or another mask, since they are small and whatnot. Ive never been big into half-life, but maybe something from another game. I need to go through my game library and think about what badass ideas are in there. Its always tempting to do halo, but having done one MC helm, I can definitely say its more than I can tackle right now.

My other thought was to do the other bandit mask, this one. The costume I have matches it more than the psycho mask
Bandit-R01.png

PS, just found this article, wow..... http://barnyardfx.blogspot.com/2012/09/borderlands-2.html

That's cool man, you just do whatever you want to do. And what I meant by conversion was adding things and sculpting the helmet, for example. There are plenty of ways to do it.

I decided to not do another project yet, and fix what I have. Turns out I have some wiring issue.I think one of the wires has corrosion on it, and it never keeps the led bright for long. The other one works great though. Im going to use this opportunity to redo the wiring, and add a soft switch that I can operate with my tongue, and also I will power it with a larger battery, not 6 watch batteries.

Yeah, I still have my spartan helmet in my old room at my parents place. Everytime i see it, it upsets me that I didnt take more time and make it look right.

Got the wiring figured out. tomorrow I am going to buy the parts from radio shack. Wiring it up with 2 bright white leds, a potentiometer, a switch I can access easily (maybe with my tongue lol) and a 9v battery.
the
This will be way better than my current solution. It will let me turn the lights on without taking the mask off, dim or brighten the lights for the situation/time of day, and change batteries cheaply/quickly.

Hey. Posting from my phone. Hope this works ok. Got the mask all rewired and it works much better. Can't figure out how to modify my post on my phone. Someone can combine them if they want
These are the parts used. 2 bright white LEDs, a potentiometer, battery holder, and switch
yhasazat.jpg

In case any of you want to duplicate it here are the parts
4u2yruqa.jpg

Got the basic circuit all put together and soldered and insulated
ubeha3y8.jpg

Then I tore out the old lights
3udapuza.jpg

Started putting things in
pu2y7u3a.jpg

Finished all the cable management
6upypaje.jpg

Done! Just waiting on some of the black silicone I use to keep light from leaking in to dry
utu9yqur.jpg

The lights are adjustable brightness for day or night. :)

http://youtu.be/dDFgvtwwnUA

Some more pics:
de4yde3y.jpg
9ygyga9e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back