My Br55 So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh* always one step ahead of me, lol... Well done, it looks awesome! Now you just need to find a lenscrafter... unless you can do THAT too, it wouldn't surprise me, lol. Keep it up!

Bloodl3tt3r said:
*sigh* always one step ahead of me, lol... Well done, it looks awesome! Now you just need to find a lenscrafter... unless you can do THAT too, it wouldn't surprise me, lol. Keep it up!
actually, no I can't do the lenses. I've been looking for a small enough scope to fit inside. I can bore the inside out about a 1/4" more, so it will be about 3/4" diameter running through the scope.

Last edited by a moderator:
LeeKegan said:
I've been looking for a small enough scope to fit inside.

No! No! Just buy plastic binocular for kids, disassemble it and... TA-DAAA!!!

bevbor said:

Thanks Bevbor,

Good idea!!!!!!! I will have to go get some tonight and see what I can do with them.

Great craftsmanship man!

I have one thing to add, I totally forgot about awhile ago. When WizardofFlight was making the templates, I had noticed that he made the BR's barrel a little too short. In fact, the barrel should be about 1/4 of the total length of the whole rifle. I have one of the scaled MR BR's in front of me, and you can really see the difference in barrel length. But please do not think I am undermining you're work, I just remembered this, and thought I should share this information.

tubachris85x said:
Great craftsmanship man!

I have one thing to add, I totally forgot about awhile ago. When WizardofFlight was making the templates, I had noticed that he made the BR's barrel a little too short. In fact, the barrel should be about 1/4 of the total length of the whole rifle. I have one of the scaled MR BR's in front of me, and you can really see the difference in barrel length. But please do not think I am undermining you're work, I just remembered this, and thought I should share this information.

I will look into that, thanks for the information!

if I go by what your saying the barrel is 1 5/8" short. I can fix that.
Thanks.

LeeKegan said:
I will look into that, thanks for the information!

if I go by what your saying the barrel is 1 5/8" short. I can fix that.
Thanks.

I got my calculation by measuring the full length of the scaled replica, which is 6." I then measured the length of it's barrel (from the muzzle on the top, all the way along to where the barrel sticks out of the main body, at the incline) which is 1 1/2," divided 6 by 1.5, got 4, so 1/4 the total length.

But how accurate are replicas? Don't you think Wizardofflight's blueprints are accurate? They are after all traced directly from the in-game model, thus the Barrel should be the exact right lenght.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
But how accurate are replicas? Don't you think Wizardofflight's blueprints are accurate? They are after all traced directly from the in-game model, thus the Barrel should be the exact right lenght.

I'll post some screen shots. I think I remember mentioning the barrel length when he was first sending them to me, I can't remember. I'm not questioning the actual accuracy, I'm just questioning the barrel length.

Alright. Here's what I just put together. I used one of the screens that I sent to WOF to use as a reference.

This is not a perfect angle, but I got it the best I could. You can see the difference in length.

brcomparison.jpg

Once again, I am not questioning anyone's work, just the accuracy of the barrel's length. Alan's work in making these drawings are outstanding

tubachris85x said:
Alright. Here's what I just put together. I used one of the screens that I sent to WOF to use as a reference.

This is not a perfect angle, but I got it the best I could. You can see the difference in length.

Once again, I am not questioning anyone's work, just the accuracy of the barrel's length. Alan's work in making these drawings are outstanding

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
I don't think it matters what length the barrel is, just that is looks GOOD.

I think I will make the barrel 1 5/8" longer then I can add a bannett with the lock on the barrel.
Here is a wood bannett I previosly made. I'll make one for the BR.
IMG_1679.jpg

SprayNoob said:
Thanks LeeeeeKegggan :D This helps me out ALOT! Love the BRs!

Glad I could help. Good luck with your BR. Can't wait to see your build.

bevbor said:

My son had an old pair of kid binoculars and I used the lens to add to my scope.

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back