My combat elite build attempt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice idea there Dirtdives cheers. The alternative is I can 3D print a simple design using tinkerCad shouldn't take more than about 6hrs.

Well after spending an hour scoring out some details on the foam, turns out this cosfoam doesnt shrink when heated so...just cuts. No lines...sigh.

I've inadvertently just weakened the whole structure without gaining anything looks wise. Frustrated much?

Hi.

I'm new to this so bear with me. Just finished an odst build for comic con manchester and decided to up my game and go for an elite for next year.

Started off with some files from the archive and played around with them.

Then started the foam build

Got my kid to help out as a head model.

Then added a face from freehand pattern guessing.
Once this was done, I started to grind details into the foam with a dremil tool and the pink grindy tools. (Told you I was new to this)
Built up the detail and then added false nails cut with scissors for top teeth.

For the mandible teeth I needed more cone shaped teeth so asked a mate and he came up with heat formed eva which seems to have come out well.
Then added a helmet to the back and played with some netting to hide my face.
That's it so far. Hopefully get some more on soon.
These are AWESOME!!! Definitely makes me want to step up to build an elite! Congrats and look forward to seeing more

Some stuff arrived today so had a play around with them.

IMG-20200225-WA0000.jpeg

Here's the start of a sticky grenade that I'm finishing off in clear silicone. And thanks to Vanguard Gold's build, here are some awesome elite arms to add to my build
SmartSelect_20200225-202324_Gallery.jpg

All good today!

Been working on the heads of the helmets and trying to make them look a bit more organic. Think I've inhaled half a lung full of eva foam dust even with a dust mask on lol

IMG-20200301-WA0004.jpeg

Also been working on some digitigrade stilts and run into a small problem...the bungees are too loose and not providing enough support for my calves. Might swap them out for webbing straps to make the day more comfortable

20200303_073429.jpg

Cant get the recommended rubber tarp straps in the uk in time. Sigh

Stilts look like a mid-evil torture device.......or Forrest Gump's "magic legs"....either works.......you should stretch your calves out before and after wearing. Kids look great.....looks like you have some fun as well. How tall are you while wearing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back