405th Regiment Officer
Oh, gotcha. Thanks!
Honestly I dont think they are more difficult. There's less out there to start with and you have to eyeball a lot of it but there's way more detail in a similar quality mjolnir.That’s awesome always cool to see more of covenant cosplays bc they are more difficult.
Cheers man.I'm a sucker for any covenant cosplay, and this looks super cool. I really dig the helmet/mask the most, but I gotta ask, how was visibility in it?
And make sure to post progress on those grunts!
I’m so in love with your build! I’ve become a sucker for covenant I had actually planned to create a grunt cos for myself. You mentioned there’s not a lot out there to start with (I’m quickly finding that out as well). When you started this build did you use any reference/pattern material at all? Or was everything created entirely from scratchHonestly I dont think they are more difficult. There's less out there to start with
No, that’s a lot of help! Thank you! Your build is even more impressive now knowing it came mostly from scratch it’s wonderful!The helmet shoulders and chest were from the combat elite file in the armoury here. Everything else was patterned from scratch by looking at game pics and then paper patterning.
It's daunting at first but if you just remember the basics and only pattern half of anything symmetrical then it's all good.
There's some grunt stuff in the armoury but it's not the style I wanted so I'm free handing them using game pics.
Not much help I know but good luck with it!
I'm new to this so bear with me. Just finished an odst build for comic con manchester and decided to up my game and go for an elite for next year.
Started off with some files from the archive and played around with them.
Then started the foam build
Got my kid to help out as a head model.
Then added a face from freehand pattern guessing.
Once this was done, I started to grind details into the foam with a dremil tool and the pink grindy tools. (Told you I was new to this)
Built up the detail and then added false nails cut with scissors for top teeth.
For the mandible teeth I needed more cone shaped teeth so asked a mate and he came up with heat formed eva which seems to have come out well.
Then added a helmet to the back and played with some netting to hide my face.
That's it so far. Hopefully get some more on soon.
Amazing!We'll it's been a crazy year with moving house and all that's involved so I've been away from cosplay for a while but I was looking back through posts when I realised I didn't put up any picks of the finished elite last year post con...terrible of me.
I've just got back from another con so here are some of the finished article
View attachment 274773 View attachment 274774 View attachment 274775
Hope these view okay. Now I've more time, I'm definitely looking into digigrade stilts for the next upgrade. Also, I kinda promised my kids I'd turn them into grunts....