My First Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

MappelTree

Hi, so i have after a loong time of reading and looking at other builds on 405th, decided to start on my own armor build.
(and i thougt i could atleast start a thread for my own build, like so many others have done befor me)

I will try to build the MKVI armor, but whit some simple personal adjustment, like using odst shoulders instead of the original ect.
wont be much but i realy like those shoulders.

I do have a lot of idèas for "technology" i'd like to fitt in to my armor, but who knows, maybe I will and maybe i wont..

Any how, one must start small and simple so one can finish like a pro.

So I started whit the MKVI-Helmet, and ofcourse a litle noob failing, so i ended up using the worng paper and unfortunatly wrong scaling, so it became a Trying and failing build. But it still came out nice tho ^^,

I have started the second try on the helmet, so i wil post pictures when it is done ^^,

This is the first helmet
MKIV-11_zps34b5469f.jpg

Attachments

• MKIV-11_zps34b5469f.jpg
    MKIV-11_zps34b5469f.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 94
We all make mistakes.... I only get worried if I have to redo an entire piece! Anyway, it looks like you're doing great besides having the wrong paper. Your folds look neat (unlike mine). Keep at it and you'll have a badass suit of armor to show off!

Thanks ^^,

I'm almost done whit the second helmet now. so might post some new pics soon.

any tips for what i should do second to the helmet? winter is coming, so the night is filled whit frost, and tempratures just a notch above 0, so i dont find resin and bondo to much possible yet. the avrege temprature during winter is -20 too -30 celsius.

The "crossbeams" inside the helmet. You can make them out of cardstock. Since they are folded into triangle shapes, they will be rigid enough to hold their shape as well as keep the helmet in shape during the resin process.

Quick question, what do you mean by supports? Like something for it to hang or stand on while it's resined, or actual crossbeams inside the helmet? And if it's the latter, what would those beams be made from?

most of the Pepakura builds contain some parts which are for support. some of those strips covers about one sheet each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back