My first armour... Power armour T51-B Fallout 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarigueya2

Hey I saw a vid in indymogul about doing a Halo armour and I said: let's do it!! But when I was looking in the forum I saw that I can make a Power Armour... Then I downloaded the files, I bought the paper but when I was going to start to print the parts for the helmet... whooops!!! If it wasn't my own size? OMG... can somebody explain me how to do it?? and well has somebody else done it?? Because I saw one in youtube and it was pretty good but I dont know if I have the tools... then I researched about all I had to buy and wooow it's pretty much!!! but that list was for a halo armor and I didn't understand some of the materials because my english is like... not so good. But well my preocupation is now for the helmet... I just want to start the pepakura and later I'll research how to use the fiberglass...
And my last question: Do you think it will be hard for my first project?:eekeek

I've actually been teaching myself this over the last couple weeks. You will need pepakura designer first (or at least thats how i know to) you will want to measure the height of your head and convert it to mm. Open the file in pepakura designer and click the undo unfold button, and under the print and paper settings set the margins really narrow and depending on the pieces change from portait to landscape or vise versa. Also make sure to set your printer to print as borderless. After these are changed you can click the unfold button and input the height you measured, it should scale the rest of the helm for you, go ahead and set as default value (less guess work later if you have to make changes to it). then use your cursor to arange the pieces into the sheets of paper so you don't waste as much paper. then print. if anyone else has a better way of doing this please reply as I have come up with the method by tinkering around with pepakura designer while the forums were down.

Good luck on your power armour!

in my build I've started with the helmet, In my arbiter build I'm starting with the head, and scaling everything else around that. But I see no problem with starting off with the helmet. Just know that some of the models are intimidating with all of the smaller pieces and gluing them together properly can be a pain. But once you see your project comming together, its worth it. Just don't let yourself stop cutting.
I actually will spend a few days cutting pep files with an exacto blade, cutting board, and some netflix :)
Also in a similar thread someone posted http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/showthread.php/35523-How-To-Scale-Your-Pepakura-Armour-Tutorial?daysprune=-1 I hope this helps!

Ok thanks it really helped... and well one more question... is really necesary the exacto?? because I've started the first paper with scissors but it isn't that perfect... it has little things comming out but really little

you don't have to us an exacto, but for percision cuts it makes it alot easier to do, especially when you have smaller pieces to cut, for example on my MJOLNIR MARK VI helmet there are a few pieces that are smaller than 1/2 inch that conect some pretty major pieces that would have been nearly impossible to cut. If your pieces are all big enough that you can cut it with scisors then go for it. But if you plan on making this a hobby, as much of th e 405th community has, I would invest in one for future projects, and most definatly get replacement blades (they'll go dull and make less precise cuts after a while).

Be sure to post pictures as you progress, also, I'm getting better at making WIP images if you're interested I can make some outlines for ones that will make it easier for you to update your progress.

Yeah you're right... I just bought one but I'm going to use both scissors and exacto because I'm better skilled with scissors :D:D

sweet, well good luck! and pm me if you need anymore help, I'll keep checking here for updates, so you'd better post some :)

sure I'm just going to do it because of you haha... but I'm doing the normal power armor now because the t51-b is too hard for the first time

Hey here are my first photos... what do you say about them
img00108201006302240.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
img00105201006302239.jpg
img00106201006302239.th.jpg
img00107201006302239.jpg

nice, keep up the great work, does this one fit you or are you gonna have to rebuild? Also there are tons of tips you should look up before you fiber glass this. I did only some research before I started and I had to scrub out a chemical burn before it became one. The resin ate through the container I had it in. It was quite scary, but your helm is awesome, I'm almost done with my MARK VI helm and MARK V helm, hopefully I'll be posting an update to my WIP later today. Which part are you gonna work on next? Or are you going to resin this before you pep something else?

in my build I've started with the helmet, In my arbiter build I'm starting with the head, and scaling everything else around that. But I see no problem with starting off with the helmet. Just know that some of the models are intimidating with all of the smaller pieces and gluing them together properly can be a pain. But once you see your project comming together, its worth it. Just don't let yourself stop cutting.
I actually will spend a few days cutting pep files with an exacto blade, cutting board, and some netflix :)
Also in a similar thread someone posted http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/showthread.php/35523-How-To-Scale-Your-Pepakura-Armour-Tutorial?daysprune=-1 I hope this helps!

Ahh if it weren't for Netflix live over the xbox I would be going nuts while pepping. I also found it easier to cut everything out with an exacto-knife plus it has made me very skilled in making straight lines free-handed and I can now score without a ruler which is a big accomplishment

Hey I saw a vid in indymogul about doing a Halo armour and I said: let's do it!! But when I was looking in the forum I saw that I can make a Power Armour... Then I downloaded the files, I bought the paper but when I was going to start to print the parts for the helmet... whooops!!! If it wasn't my own size? OMG... can somebody explain me how to do it?? and well has somebody else done it?? Because I saw one in youtube and it was pretty good but I dont know if I have the tools... then I researched about all I had to buy and wooow it's pretty much!!! but that list was for a halo armor and I didn't understand some of the materials because my english is like... not so good. But well my preocupation is now for the helmet... I just want to start the pepakura and later I'll research how to use the fiberglass... And my last question: Do you think it will be hard for my first project?:eekeek

You know as also a fellow first timer with only a warmachine helmet and an arc reator under my belt I think that power armor wouldn't be to hard. I'm no expert by any means but I think you'll do just fine. One thing I would say though is what I have had to learn.... more then likely you will mess something up, if you do don't worry it's very easy to just cut out the bad piece, reprint the replacement then continue and if you messed up on the scale it's not the end of the world to have to start over. GL, I can't wait to see what you get going

nooooooooooo, not the fallout armor, mate i give u best of luck, that set of armor was the biggest pain to my ass, looks great though

nice, keep up the great work, does this one fit you or are you gonna have to rebuild? Also there are tons of tips you should look up before you fiber glass this. I did only some research before I started and I had to scrub out a chemical burn before it became one. The resin ate through the container I had it in. It was quite scary, but your helm is awesome, I'm almost done with my MARK VI helm and MARK V helm, hopefully I'll be posting an update to my WIP later today. Which part are you gonna work on next? Or are you going to resin this before you pep something else?
welll it doesn't fit me but I'm going to take it like a practice this helmet... and then I'm going to start the t51-b power armor... But well I'm now going to buy the stuff and then watch some vids... and some questions... is the fiberglass just inside?? because in a vid I saw that they did it outside too :S:S

I actually have a practice helm of my own I've been using, its been resined, and we're probably going to resin it again for more layers (we had 2 and we think 2-3 more would be better), and we're really excited about painting it. When we did ours, we just did the outside, with as small as the first one turned out, I don't have any idea how you could have done the inside. Make sure you're wearing a mask that specifically says will filer the air for fiberglass, wear safety goggles (just in case) and I dont care how hot it is outside (I live in florida and its gets HOT) wear long sleeve shirt and pants. And you can get these blue disposable gloves at homedepot that are also designed to resin in. I learned about the shirt the hard way and had resin on my arm, so be CAREFUL. Oh and I'm not sure what the best container for the resin is. It ate through our plastic disposable cup, and our brushes actually. So just be careful and do more research than I did, this can be very dangerous.

Ok but I have to find the resin and the other things first because in mexican home depot there isn't any fiberglass... so tomorrow I'm going to a epic search :D

I've actually been teaching myself this over the last couple weeks. You will need pepakura designer first (or at least thats how i know to) you will want to measure the height of your head and convert it to mm. Open the file in pepakura designer and click the undo unfold button, and under the print and paper settings set the margins really narrow and depending on the pieces change from portait to landscape or vise versa. Also make sure to set your printer to print as borderless. After these are changed you can click the unfold button and input the height you measured, it should scale the rest of the helm for you, go ahead and set as default value (less guess work later if you have to make changes to it). then use your cursor to arange the pieces into the sheets of paper so you don't waste as much paper. then print. if anyone else has a better way of doing this please reply as I have come up with the method by tinkering around with pepakura designer while the forums were down.

Good luck on your power armour!

If I may be so bold, you don't need to unfold the helmet to resize it. Nor any other piece of armor. I've done a bajillion and a half pieces trying to get different parts of Mjolnir and ODST armor to size, and never had to unfold with great results. Just thought I'd throw that out there and save time and money for everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back