my first build, my big dream: Halo 3 - Mark 6 MasterChief

Status
Not open for further replies.

marz2802

dear 405th,

I have dreamed of building my own armor for a very long time. For a long time I've wanted to slip into the role of master chief. I've been a Halo fan since day one, so I started building armor about 11 years ago. At that time I tried my hand at pepakura and resin and partly finished the helmet. The chest armor was also already assembled. I tried everything back then with the help of the 405..
But then… life goes on. I became a wife, dogs, a house, children and the dream of becoming a master chief faded into the background. But he was never gone.

Today I am 32 years old and come from Germany and now own a 3D printer. Nothing particularly big, an Anycubic Mega Pro S, but bit by bit my dream is now becoming a reality.

The first two parts are now already printed and glued together. The helmet and the left bicep. I still have a lot of work ahead of me. But I'm super proud of the first steps and how it looks at the moment.

Here are a few pictures of the first two parts of my own master chief.
Please leave your feedback here. Let me know what you think about it. Is this a good start?
And finally, thank you for the inspiration you all are and the support of this forum.

Best regards

Your Martin from Germany

Attachments

• IMG_9964.jpg
    IMG_9964.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_9965.jpg
    IMG_9965.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG_9966.jpg
    IMG_9966.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_9967.jpg
    IMG_9967.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_9969.jpg
    IMG_9969.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_9970.jpg
    IMG_9970.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG_9971.jpg
    IMG_9971.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_9973.jpg
    IMG_9973.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_9974.jpg
    IMG_9974.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_9975.jpg
    IMG_9975.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 185
Those are some clean looking prints! Great work! Looking forward to seeing your dream become a reality!

love how small the print lines are. That visor is pretty sweet as well. You got a long road ahead of you! good luck!

Thank you all for your words! This is a great Motovation and I seem to be on the right track. I am currently printing the forearm parts and then the hand parts or parts for the gloves. As soon as the prints are ready, there will be new pictures here.

dear 405th,

I have dreamed of building my own armor for a very long time. For a long time I've wanted to slip into the role of master chief. I've been a Halo fan since day one, so I started building armor about 11 years ago. At that time I tried my hand at pepakura and resin and partly finished the helmet. The chest armor was also already assembled. I tried everything back then with the help of the 405..
But then… life goes on. I became a wife, dogs, a house, children and the dream of becoming a master chief faded into the background. But he was never gone.

Today I am 32 years old and come from Germany and now own a 3D printer. Nothing particularly big, an Anycubic Mega Pro S, but bit by bit my dream is now becoming a reality.

The first two parts are now already printed and glued together. The helmet and the left bicep. I still have a lot of work ahead of me. But I'm super proud of the first steps and how it looks at the moment.

Please leave your feedback here. Let me know what you think about it. Is this a good start?
And finally, thank you for the inspiration you all are and the support of this forum.

Best regards

Your Martin from Germany
Looks great I really like how the bicep came out, can't wait for it to see it all together and painted wish you the best of luck

Hey Martin, I think I'm printing the same files as you, Moe Sizzlac's pre-split files, right? Might be useful if we can exchange sizing/measurements and save the two of us some unneccesary reprinting. :)

Great job so far, your parts look very good, particularly the shoulder armor! I reckon you're using a pretty small layer height?

Hey Martin, I think I'm printing the same files as you, Moe Sizzlac's pre-split files, right? Might be useful if we can exchange sizing/measurements and save the two of us some unneccesary reprinting. :)

Great job so far, your parts look very good, particularly the shoulder armor! I reckon you're using a pretty small layer height?

Yes, these are exactly the files. That's a great idea. So far, I have printed everything without scaling it. So almost 100%. In the explanations of the files, there are somewhere dimensions and weight on which they are scaled. (It is currently scaled close to 5'10" 185lb. person.)
It's about my size, I'm a little taller. At first glance, it seems to fit. I currently have the forearm parts almost finished and will put them on. Then take out a few pictures so that you can imagine the size in something. What about you, How youre going with your Prints?

And yes, pretty small layers. I don't really care about the printing time. I hope I don't have to sanding it so much (I'm afraid of that) I did it that way

Yes, these are exactly the files. That's a great idea. So far, I have printed everything without scaling it. So almost 100%. In the explanations of the files, there are somewhere dimensions and weight on which they are scaled. (It is currently scaled close to 5'10" 185lb. person.)
It's about my size, I'm a little taller. At first glance, it seems to fit. I currently have the forearm parts almost finished and will put them on. Then take out a few pictures so that you can imagine the size in something. What about you, How youre going with your Prints?
We may be pretty close to the same size then!
I'm 1,91m, 88Kg so I figured I'd scale everything to 107 by default, that seems to work well with the parts i've printed so far: left shoulder, forearms, left upper leg, boots (I have shoe size 46/47).

I did measure the chest piece in meshmixer and noticed 107% wasn't going to work. I scaled the chest piece to 117% (nice) and printed the two bottom front plates, which seem to fit (but not a lot of margin). As soon as I have a couple more chest pieces I'll see if I can try it on and give you some accurate measurements, it would suck to have to reprint such a large piece.

As far as printing goes, if you're using Cura: look into the "make overhangs printable" feature. It may save you a lot of printing time and material if you don't have to use supports. Sanding is something you'll have to do regardless of layer height I think, especially when you apply paint layer lines tend to become noticeable. A good filler primer should help a lot though.

I haven't printed many parts over the last week, I bought a resin printer and have been busy fiddling with that :D
I should be able to finish a few parts today though, a 0.8mm nozzle really helps speed things up. :)

Looking really good so far marz2802! I recently completed my full suit using those exact same files. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions

dear 405th,

Best regards

Your Martin from Germany
This is awesome! I grew up watching odst helmets being molded and casted on YouTube along with those guys who made the crazy detailed gears of war armor also making chiefs helmet and halo 2 armor (unfortunately brain farting on their name at the moment). It always felt like a dream to make armor for me personally. I’m 28 now married, have kids, all the fun busy adult things and I’ve finally gotten into prop making of all things. I started with buying an awful 3d print for way too much, then figured out what casts were and the rest is history. I’ve been finishing casted helmets and armor for almost two years now and now as of last week finished a printed pep model, I completely sculpted a scout helmet from reach that I will be molding and casting in the next few weeks. Keep up the good work!

Looking really good so far marz2802! I recently completed my full suit using those exact same files. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions

marz2802, Citruspers, and MrJamin

I downloaded files from Moe Sizzlac as well. But my helmet that I 3d printed looks different than yours. I am using his halo infinite files, because the files for the Mark VI armor don't come with a helmet apparently? Here are the files I used:

Halo Infinite - Master Chief Inspired Armor Set - No visor by moesizzlac

I am pretty sure that you are using different ones. I don't guess you can share the link. Forgive me, it is my very first day on here. I just started 3d printing a couple of months ago. I too have always dreamed of making my own Master Chief Costume...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back