My First (Customised) Mjolnir Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, just saw this thread and I was curious. Just a few opinions on what you have proposed. The retractable blades, are in short, awesome, was dreaming about that but decided against it due to the deviation from the halo universe. Some ideas though, depending on how big the blade(Actual metal, or...?), you could do sort of a switch blade open/close, or a spring loaded version, both of which could be held in a seperate casing that can magnetically attach to your gauntlets. As for the magnets on the back for the guns, again, large quantities of awesome, I will definetly be doing that when I get that far. It was the same advice given to me, along with the suggestion to use 3 magnets to keep the weapons from spinning, though if you space them out far enough I think 2 might be plenty.

Onto the motion tracker, and things with cameras. I've thought about this quite a bit as well, and have a slightly more expensive, and complicated approach planned out, but I can give you some ideas that I think might help. Cheap webcams are your friends, or you could take apart a baby monitor with an LCD screen and camera(This is one that was used to make an incredible scope with night vision for a sniper rifle, though I forgot who made it, http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Handheld-Monitor-Screen/dp/B0007OD8SU). I'm not sure how familiar you are with electrical engineering type work, but I'm sure you could make that work. You could alternatively rip apart an old cell phone with a camera in it. A rather import note that was brought up in another thread, I dont know whether or not you are near sighted, but keep in mind how hard it will be to focus on anything that is visor-close to your face. Thats all i can think of for now, shoot me a PM if you wanna bounce some ideas off me, I'll keep on eye on this thread for your progress too.

Good Luck!

-Apoc

awesome another Aussie in the mix , id love to this when you've pulled it off, i think the idea of the hud pasted on the inside of the the visor is a pretty dam cool idea , see you could even do that and make an animated sensor thing for enemies , i think you better off playing game game and filming that spot for a while and then editing it with film software

good luck , love to see progress and good luck ;)

Jason02 said:
(lol ya u fail) ..."First thought"

Nah, bro it's not bad the pep work is good, just a small measuring problem it happens to the best. Ha, my 2nd helmet I made was MC size. :pEdit: Is that the HD model?

JoeyCoz said:
Here's a link to what I did to fix that on my forearm pieces:

Link

It may be a little bit easier to do before you resin, but you really have to be careful not to warp the part.

Here's how they turned out: My W.I.P.

BTW: Expect a few more rebuilds before you complete your suit. I built my HD shins, test fitted them as paper, then resined them. Test fit again, no problems, so I fiberglassed them. Once they cured and hardened, I could not fit my foot through the bottom...

So I scaled them up a bit, and repeated the whole process. Again once I fiberglassed them there was not enough wiggle room in the bottom to get my foot through. Now if I scaled them up even larger they would have looked ridiculously tall so I decided to modify the new set so that I could fit my large feet through.

My point is that I have tried every scaling method I came across, and have yet to see a method that works for all armor parts & body types. The best advice I have used is to build the low def size testers. Most of them can be built rather quickly and they give you a good idea of how the different build heights will fit your body.

Nah Jason, i's Robogenesis' mid-def model

And thanks Joey, that was REAL helpful...it's people like u guys hu r gonna make this project work, not me:p thank u

Last edited by a moderator:
Apocalypse said:
Hey man, just saw this thread and I was curious. Just a few opinions on what you have proposed. The retractable blades, are in short, awesome, was dreaming about that but decided against it due to the deviation from the halo universe. Some ideas though, depending on how big the blade(Actual metal, or...?), you could do sort of a switch blade open/close, or a spring loaded version, both of which could be held in a seperate casing that can magnetically attach to your gauntlets. As for the magnets on the back for the guns, again, large quantities of awesome, I will definetly be doing that when I get that far. It was the same advice given to me, along with the suggestion to use 3 magnets to keep the weapons from spinning, though if you space them out far enough I think 2 might be plenty.

Onto the motion tracker, and things with cameras. I've thought about this quite a bit as well, and have a slightly more expensive, and complicated approach planned out, but I can give you some ideas that I think might help. Cheap webcams are your friends, or you could take apart a baby monitor with an LCD screen and camera(This is one that was used to make an incredible scope with night vision for a sniper rifle, though I forgot who made it, http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Handheld-Monitor-Screen/dp/B0007OD8SU). I'm not sure how familiar you are with electrical engineering type work, but I'm sure you could make that work. You could alternatively rip apart an old cell phone with a camera in it. A rather import note that was brought up in another thread, I dont know whether or not you are near sighted, but keep in mind how hard it will be to focus on anything that is visor-close to your face. Thats all i can think of for now, shoot me a PM if you wanna bounce some ideas off me, I'll keep on eye on this thread for your progress too.

Good Luck!

-Apoc

Thanks Apocolypes...thats all REAL helpful...tho i wasnt too big on the idea of retractable blades...i was more looking for fiberglassed blades that just sit on with a couple of magnets...and ur right about the fact thatit could be seen as wandering from the halo idea, but after seeing the guy in the REACH premier, with that cool ass blade, i thought "hey, why not?"...

ur ideas for the cams are great! thats gonna be real helpful!

Gizmologist said:
What size were you thinking of making the HUD

Gizmologist said:
What size did you want to make the HUD

Soz for the late reply man...I was thinking about making the HUD the same size as MC's HUD, however after using a biro to mark a motion tracker where it should be placed, i found it was too close to be able to focus on:( will workon this and give u an update as it comes...

GiR3892 said:
awesome another Aussie in the mix , id love to this when you've pulled it off, i think the idea of the hud pasted on the inside of the the visor is a pretty dam cool idea , see you could even do that and make an animated sensor thing for enemies , i think you better off playing game game and filming that spot for a while and then editing it with film software

good luck , love to see progress and good luck ;)

Lol, thanks...i love to see how many people enjoy seein us ozzies get in on this kinda thing...

yer, i was thinking about filming the ingame sensor...i should probably just go with that...

thanks man

So, thank u all for ur increibly helpful advice...as i said before, ur the people who make this project possible, not me...thank u...

I will post progress reports as i go, and thanks for watching the thread;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back