My first foam build - Marine Corps

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooBlue

Hi, I’ve been looking around this group for quite a while, and I’ve comtemplated on building either an ODST or Spartan suit. After some consideration, I’ve decided to start with the Marine Corps, just so I get the gist of everything.

I’m using Andrew DFT’s templates, which is a godsend.

I went to my local Bunnings this morning and grabbed some foam mats, spray paint and the rest I already had.

Wish me luck.

Photo of progress so far; I’ve cut out the foot plate

image.jpg

image.jpg

Day three, and I’ve started the chest. However, because I burnt myself on hot glue pretty badly, I’m out of action until I recover. This is what I’ve done so far though.
65EB5846-4DFA-4D96-82FA-6A4489F491B7.jpeg

Day four (I’m skipping yesterday), all that’s left to make is the back plate and the helmet, then the fun begins. I’m out of foam however, so I’ll need to buy more
4EB4660F-8B7F-4F21-85F8-5E2B3BFF490B.jpeg

They're not that bad. Definitely need to have a good, clean, sharp blade. Practice your cuts. Take your time. Etc etc... it's fun.

When you move on to your next build I'd suggest getting some Barge. It can really clean up the build and get a nice strong bond.

You going to build his ODST after this?

When you move on to your next build I'd suggest getting some Barge. It can really clean up the build and get a nice strong bond.

You going to build his ODST after this?
I’ll give it a shot. I am making an ODST build next actually, but it’ll have to be in the following holidays when I have time for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back