My First Pep Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

eskilax

Hey guys.

Here is my first pepakura Project.

Yes another Ironman suit :)

I'm 5'7" so I've decided to test a 95% scaling.

For the helmet it's really really tight. But if I cut the inside border of the ears, I think it will be easier to wear. It's already resined and fiberglassed. But before going to the next step (the bondo), I want to be sure about the proportions.

So what do you think about the proportions ? Correct or too little ?

size1.jpg

size2.jpg

size3.jpg

size4.jpg

Wow, Great job on the pep. Looks really clean.

Post more pics once the helmet is almost done.

I can't wait for your suit to be done. Great job, and good luck on the rest of your build.

Andrew

i think you might want to go bigger if it really is tight and its just peped because you have to fit fiberglass/rondo, and padding in there. also you did a great job peping, its so smooth(that's what she said). glowing eyes, classic.

Wow this looks great. I'm wanting to start my first pep, however, I can't seem to decide between iron man, ODST or Emile. After reading through some of the topics, is looks like the Emile pep files are fairly new, and there are only a couple builds going on. But they look awesome, nonetheless.

Thanks guys. I will bondo this one so.

keith_hendrix said:
Looks really good, nice and clean, I like the glowing eyes, do you use photoshop? :)

Yes it is photoshoped :)

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a beautiful helmet and the proportions looks fine to me , for scale properly the suit

its better to take a pic of your torso whit your helmet on , that way you can have a better idea

of how the suit will look .

Thanks guys.

steelwarrior said:
for scale properly the suit its better to take a pic of your torso whit your helmet on , that way you can have a better idea of how the suit will look .

I will finish the pep of the torso and back today, I will take a pic with helmet and torso tonight.

Very nice! Looks very smooth!

I'm a total noob to 405th and costuming. May I ask which helmet design you used here? I'm looking to have Iron Man as my first suit build...I've searched through a lot of the forum and have found several helmet designs. I'm not sure which to use.

Also, taking the Sharkhead/DungBeetle hybrid helmet for example:

th_q1copy.jpg

I encounter many places in the pep file that have basically a line with the same edge ID number on both sides. Is this line even worth cutting?

Any help would be vastly appreciated.

Oh yeah one last question: Did you (does everybody) end up buying the Pepakura Designer program (as opposed to using free Pepakura Viewer)? I don't see myself spending any time doing unfolding, since I have zero experience with 3D modeling programs and such, so I think the only feature of Designer I would use is scaling. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Stark66 said:
I encounter many places in the pep file that have basically a line with the same edge ID number on both sides. Is this line even worth cutting?

When I have this type of line, I look at the 3D view in the viewer. If this is an edge, I cut it and glue little piece of paper at the back with the good angle.

You have to buy the designer if you want to save your scale or unfold your models.

eskilax said:
When I have this type of line, I look at the 3D view in the viewer. If this is an edge, I cut it and glue little piece of paper at the back with the good angle.

You have to buy the designer if you want to save your scale or unfold your models.

Thanks for your advice, eskilax. Much appreciated.

The helmet looks good, very nice pepping! If its a really tight fit now though, you may want to size it up a little bigger if you want to add things like padding for comfort, electronics for opening the faceplate, fan maybe for keeping cool. If you just want to wear it the way it is though, it is a very nice looking helmet, just may not have room for improvements if you want to add some later.

Here is the Pepped Torso with the helmet. This is a little too flat beacause there is no structures inside the torso.

What do you think about the proportions ?

size5.jpg

size6.jpg

size7.jpg

Looks good, but it seems a little off at the armpits, then consider that you also resin and put the body filler, so it will get bigger eventually could affect the movement of arms.

You have had difficulty in moving?

It happened to me this problem with the first chest, that's why I did it just smaller, say 10% smaller than my size. :) :)

Hey Guys.

Some updates :

8.jpg

7.jpg

Then I resined and fiberglassed the chest :

10.jpg

With photoshop shoulders :

11.jpg

Waht do you think guys ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back