My first Pepakura armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some of it painted (gonna paint the gray/silver parts soon). Painted it a crimson-ish color, because I couldn't find a good match to the copper/purple of the needler.

Either way, IMO it looks nice :)

Cutting my mom did (she likes arts and crafts and such): Took about 2 - 3 hours, I believe.
Starting the folding and such took about 90 minutes.
I was gluing for about 3 or 4 hours: Lots of the folds are a real pain to do (particularly the handguard), and often require you to just drip glue into areas because you can't fit your hand into it. Basically, once you finish the handguard, the rest is REALLY easy.

It was a fun project though, and having the needler finished made me feel really good. lol.

alright thanks. i will probably it out later today and get started on it. i still need to finish my helmet before halloween. :/

Really nice. where'd u get the pep file for that needler? And you could turn the jumpsuit black by using liquid RIT dye(near the detergents). All you do is boil some water, put it in the biggest bucket you have, mix in a few bottles of black dye, and let your suit sit for an hour or two. Really easy.

EDIT: Dont't forget you need to use plenty of dye, using too little might leave you with a dark purple suit! Although you could always dye it again.

UPDATE:

This is the picture from the party:

There was a little damage (dancing salsa = colliding bodies often = not good for suit...lol) but nothing that can't be buffed out/glued back =D

Darth Fett said:
UPDATE:

This is the picture from the party:

There was a little damage (dancing salsa = colliding bodies often = not good for suit...lol) but nothing that can't be buffed out/glued back =D

add a face sheild 11.95 walmart

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so I cant create an own topic, so I'll borrow yours......
I just finished my first piece, the helm, and it looks pretty good...
what do you think?
Helmet

Zyclone said:
OK, so I cant create an own topic, so I'll borrow yours......
I just finished my first piece, the helm, and it looks pretty good...
what do you think?
Helmet
I believe you have to have 50 posts before you can create a topic in pepakura... :\

Last edited by a moderator:
REally awesome dude, I like the needler, that suit is pimp for doin it REAlly quick

also, zyclone, that pep is lookin nice

Fett mah man, that's one Kick-A suit you got. But as a newb I have some advice...well some summed up advice from othe posts anyways...

I think that it looks a little shiny, the suit itself. And the visor is See-tru. But other than needing an undersuit that's black I think that's pretty sick. :D :cool:

Thanks for the comments guys =D

@Zyclone: Pep helm looks nice so far ;)

Because of the time constraints to have my suit done, I had to skip some steps, leave some parts unfiberglassed and such; and even though I'm happy with the result, the suit does seem rushed as compared to others.

So, I'm hoping to eventually make a molded version of this (so that I can be a little less gentle with it, or sell them...or w/e). I've read up on some of the tutorials, but I'm still a little perplexed. So, to those that have (I know this is the pep forum, but to not flood the forum with a thousand questions): Summed up, what is the process of making a molded/casted version of the suit?

-Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back