My First Project + My Current Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

egermann04

well i needed a small project so i can find out if the different kinds of spray paint would interact w/ each other before i decided to finish my first helm and here is the end result, i couldn't really get a good idea for the symbol in the center of the red so i decided to just throw an anarchy symbol in there :D

stick1.jpg

stick2.jpg

i'm just about done w/ my first helm i decided to use DF4L's Smooth MKVI helm it's the one that seems to have the best results to my liking so i figured i'd give it a shot and keep you guys updated (srry for the low-res, i'm forced to use my camera in my phone cause my camera is at my gf's house, updated high res pics soon to be up)
any and all criticism is welcome every comment i'll use as constructive

100308071053.jpg

100308071110.jpg

thanks, i did a quick resin job because i'm new to the idea of using resin my funds are a bit low so i didn't have money for bondo so i made due w/ what i had

egermann04 said:
thanks, i did a quick resin job because i'm new to the idea of using resin my funds are a bit low so i didn't have money for bondo so i made due w/ what i had

Well you did quite a good job for saying you didn't use bondo,, it might have made it a bit smoother and rounder if you had though.

But excellent stuff! Next stop = full set of armour! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks i'm in the process of doing that i have about 2 pages left to cut out fold and assemble til i'm done w/ DF4L's smooth mark VI helm i should be done by sat cause i have to work but i'll be sure to have a progress thread about that up by sunday

egermann04 said:
thanks i'm in the process of doing that i have about 2 pages left to cut out fold and assemble til i'm done w/ DF4L's smooth mark VI helm i should be done by sat cause i have to work but i'll be sure to have a progress thread about that up by sunday

Awesome,,

keep us posted!

Looks fine, as stated above some Bondo would have done more justice but you used what you had and that is just fine. When you start on your armor just use this thread and edit the first post. Just like S.I. would say lets "Keep it clean!" :p

Cheers,
Kensai

egermann04 said:

I don't know where you live of course but up here in Canada, Bondo is quite a bit less expensive then Resin. I could pick up a liter of Resin for $18 (and people think the price of gas is bad) while a Lb of Bondo is only $10. btw, Bondo is awesome to work with if you have a good dremel and its easy to take off and put on if you mess up horrible (like me).

EliteRouge said:
I don't know where you live of course but up here in Canada, Bondo is quite a bit less expensive then Resin. I could pick up a liter of Resin for $18 (and people think the price of gas is bad) while a Lb of Bondo is only $10. btw, Bondo is awesome to work with if you have a good dremel and its easy to take off and put on if you mess up horrible (like me).

i live in central california and i can get a can of resin for $10 the bondo is about $20 a gallon which isn't alot but i just recently got into the idea of doing this and i had about a quarter of my last paycheck to work w/ and after buying the respirator and the resin i was a lil bit short of the bondo andi was too excited to wait...now that you mention it i didn't really think of using a dremel for the bondo which means that i wanna try that first on my helm so i guess i'm gonna dig through my closet til i can find mine :lol:

My first sticky nade was over-scaled and looked like garbage when painted. I spent too much time trying to paint it and though it looks good, is still too big for me to be happy with. : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back