My First Project: Prince of Persia

Status
Not open for further replies.

jubjub1231

Alright so after much time it is time to start my first project. Now granted i know it is not halo related but i do not think that will matter as much as this is my first project ever. I will be designing Prince Dasdon's (not sure how to spell his name but the main character) dual scimitar's. I plan on making both the blade and the hilt in seperate pieces. Afterwards, if i can get my hands on a decent hand router i plan on engraving a pattern into the both of them for aesthetic appeal.

Now this is what i have so far i have spent about a week on this so far. I am trying to cut out a groove in the hilt so the blade will slip in and glue it together. It is made out of what i believe is white pine, all i did was found some scrap and started cutting. I learned quickly that this was a bad idea because i was playing with it, tossed it in the air and accidently dropped it. The blade landed on the tip and it cracked down the grain and broke. I glued it back together but i learned the valuble lesson the pine is weak material and probably not to good for making weapons out of.

463838_400231733338597_100000553202280_1338219_1269507827_o.jpg
[/IMG]

463188_400231866671917_100000553202280_1338221_381704226_o.jpg
[/IMG]

472079_400231993338571_100000553202280_1338224_480277034_o.jpg

After i finish both swords I plan on riging the two so that the blades can snap together end to end on the hilt and maybe turn them into a double blade. Not sure how i am going to acomplish this however so that i can put them together and take them apart quickly. Any suggestions would be nice. Thank you community and it is an honor to final assume "active duty" in the 405th. :)

You need to create an account on a photo sharing website such as Photobucket. Once you have an account, you need to upload your pictures onto the site. The site will give you an "IMG" code, copy that and paste it into your thread and your pictures will show up. Can't wait to see the pictures.

You need to create an account on a photo sharing website such as Photobucket. Once you have an account, you need to upload your pictures onto the site. The site will give you an "IMG" code, copy that and paste it into your thread and your pictures will show up. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Thanks a bunch. Like i said it is just the begining and i have barely even been working on this for a week but this is one of the swords as of now. Thank you and enjoy.

Well, congratz on your first project! I'm not into weapons much, wood, or prince of persia, BUT its looking good :)

Wood is very different... It seems like a pain to work with- but if you plan on throwing it up in the air and catching it... i guess its a good material.

Most armour is made of bondo, fiberglass resin, hotglue, paper, and sometims Foam mats... also clay and epoxy putty are good for making weapons of halo and other things...

Also, what are you using to work with this wood? I hope you have a wood carving tool... (please dont say a huge sharp knife =D )

Your working on something that is very unique none the less and hope to see how it turns out :) , if theres anything I can hopefully help with just ask!

Well, congratz on your first project! I'm not into weapons much, wood, or prince of persia, BUT its looking good :)

Wood is very different... It seems like a pain to work with- but if you plan on throwing it up in the air and catching it... i guess its a good material.

Most armour is made of bondo, fiberglass resin, hotglue, paper, and sometims Foam mats... also clay and epoxy putty are good for making weapons of halo and other things...

Also, what are you using to work with this wood? I hope you have a wood carving tool... (please dont say a huge sharp knife =D )

Your working on something that is very unique none the less and hope to see how it turns out :) , if theres anything I can hopefully help with just ask!

Well I've been using a combination of just a band saw a disk sander and a little TLC from hand sanding it. Buy i kind of like the idea of using a " big sharp knife" for this. I might use that for the engraving orjust use one for the duplicate sword not sure.

And the tossing it around was in part me testing to see the durability of the material, but mostly was just me goofing off and having fun with it. Thanks for the support!

Okay just an update. Today my partner cut out the blade for the duplicate blade. The duplicate blade is made of what i... think?? Is mahogany and the original is pine so they are discoloured but i might use that to my advantage... something along the lines of good/ evil so that's not a problem. What i don't like is the significant difference in weight. The mahogany is spent heavy and hard to handle and the pine is lite and easy... and also turning green??? Any advice on how to stop that would be greatly appreciated. Anyway i finished the mass sanding of the hilt and the blade for the pine all that is left is hand sanding then assembly and the engraving which i am still not sure how to do. I need advice on if i should either A bolt the blade in, or just use wood glue. Any personal opinions? I'll have pictures up tomorrow to see what I'm talking about.

Hmmm.... your working on a difficult piece, haha ( wood will ruin or rot if not cured... and light poles are cured, but don't last forever... ) but if you did cure the word- not sure how- but if you did then it would stop turning green and rotting..

as far as putting the 2 swords together...... I would put a snap lock on the handle of your sword and make one handle alittle Thicker.. so the handles SLIDE into each other... Then you can Snap lock it when they are together... Might be a good way... Hope the picture helps explaining myself...

blah.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back