My Helmet And Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslayer57

This is what i have been doing in my spare time over the last few weeks

[attachment=7219:DSCF4489.jpg]

hope you like it and please comment :D

iizahsum said:
did you use card stock or regular printer paper? also is it resined, bondo'ed, and all that jazz?

Well it 's printed on paper then stuck on to a1 sheets of card about 1mm thick (best i could find for a good price) and this one is just hand painted no bondo or resin or fibreglass but i have fibregalssed another helmet which is recon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Godslayer57 said:
Well it 's printed on paper then stuck on to a1 sheets of card about 1mm thick (best i could find for a good price) and this one is just hand painted no bondo or resin or fibreglass but i have fibregalssed another helmet which is recon.
Is this your first helmet? And Can you show pics of Recon?

iizahsum said:
could you put up a pic of your recon?
i think its a good looking helmet, but it looksa wee bit rushed.

I put the recon up tomorrow or the day after that and it looks rushed but it's not. the reason it looks like is is is because i wanted it to look battle worn so i kinda damaged it you see. Oh by the way this is my thrid helmet the first one i made was rubish (so bad i am not going to put it on) and the Recon is the second.

This is my Recon Helmet, the only helmet so far ( well the fibreglass costs a hell of alot) to be fibreglassed

[attachment=7241:DSCF4622.jpg]

Please comment and more projects of mine is still to come in the future.

not bad, but from my experience fiberglassing boards, i can still see the glass fibres(unless thats the paintjob) which means you need to use more resin, and also might want to try fiberglassing the inside. from what i've seen it keeps a lot more detail.

Pvt. Mendosa said:
not bad, but from my experience fiberglassing boards, i can still see the glass fibres(unless thats the paintjob) which means you need to use more resin, and also might want to try fiberglassing the inside. from what i've seen it keeps a lot more detail.

thats the paintjob

For a start the outside was fibreglassed, Big mistake.

Thats hardly a paintjob to be honest. ALOT of pieces are missing from the helmet, like the faceplate for the visor, the "Third eye". There is no bondo and its very undetailed. Just a bit of constructive criticism for you to use in the future.

The Stig said:
For a start the outside was fibreglassed, Big mistake.

I agree...

Try fiberglassing only the inside of the helmet and resining the outside. This will help show the details a lot more on the helmet. Add a little bondo, smooth it out, and you're there.

Just some constructive criticism.

pooper said:
I agree...

Try fiberglassing only the inside of the helmet and resining the outside. This will help show the details a lot more on the helmet. Add a little bondo, smooth it out, and you're there.

Just some constructive criticism.

thanks i will keep that in mind

Just so you know, fiber glass is cheep, especaily compared to what other members on this site use. This is not a "cheep" hobb, and unless you want "cheep" looking armor, you have to be willing to spend a little.

Twisting_Neather said:
Just so you know, fiber glass is cheep, especaily compared to what other members on this site use. This is not a "cheep" hobb, and unless you want "cheep" looking armor, you have to be willing to spend a little.

Twisting_Neather is right. Even though I used the hot glue method on my armor, I've spent a helluva lot of money on my suit... but the results turned out great. Just take your time and be patient about it.

(y) Yeah, that's true. I tried to be "cheap" when I made my first 2 helmets & they turned out like crap.

BTW pooper, what did you use to add the 2nd layer of your visor in your avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back