My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this is a costuming site I give you MLP costumes

1309282544.lonewolfphotos_mlpsuits.jpg

Vrs official MLP costumes
1310534947.talrad_tyler_s_pictures_011.jpg

Why is it fan made costumes of almost anything tend to get better than official?

Since this is a costuming site I give you MLP costumes

1309282544.lonewolfphotos_mlpsuits.jpg

Vrs official MLP costumes
1310534947.talrad_tyler_s_pictures_011.jpg

Why is it fan made costumes of almost anything tend to get better than official?
Imagine those costumes being on sale. I would want one, if I can sneak it past my mom because she not aware of my new taste for ponies yet.

Okay, sorry for the double post, but I cam across some more pics that I just GOTTA show.

This first one gave me a good laugh because of how you guys keep referring to yourselves as "bronies". lol
tumblr_lgbws8Agyq1qzjqq6o1_500.jpg

And this one is just cool! XD

halolz-dot-com-godofwar-mylittlepony-mylittlekratos.jpg

Okay, sorry for the double post, but I cam across some more pics that I just GOTTA show.

This first one gave me a good laugh because of how you guys keep referring to yourselves as "bronies". lol
tumblr_lgbws8Agyq1qzjqq6o1_500.jpg

And this one is just cool! XD

halolz-dot-com-godofwar-mylittlepony-mylittlekratos.jpg

Ok that last picture is just epic lol

I'm not sure if this was intended to be a joke or not, but I found it quite funny. What you just described is essentially the definition of a "lack of decency". Watching a show, regardless of its target demographic, is not such an enormous and unprecedented travesty that it requires offense on either side. I am truly mystified by the people who go out of their way to blatantly hate this show, just as much as I am mystified by those who enjoy it so much. If you don't like the show, common sense should indicate that a topic called "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" is not the topic for you.
I can see how some of the things he has said can be classified as indecent and I guess I interpreted his messages differently than others. As you can't really convey body language or tone of voice through messages sometimes it is hard to tell if messages are serious discussion, offensive, or lighthearted exaggerated opinions and jokes. For example the "shotgun in the mouth" thing. I took that as him joking and exaggerating about his displeasure for the show. I didn't find that that serious or offensive, as it doesn't seem uncommon for people to dislike a show that isn't intended for their demographic and to me it seemed he was joking around about how he doesn't like a show, most likely due to the fact it isn't intended for his gender or age group. However it seems others were offended, after seeing in later posts that his posts were being taken very literally and seriously. I guess I spoke to soon and didn't think about others when typing my first message and by no means was I agreeing with Toa's opinions, I was just trying to figure out why people were cracking down on him for saying (In my opinion) exaggerated joking opinions about things he dislikes. I guess that's just how I view things, most likely due to the fact that my friends and most kids in high school are extremely offensive and rude to each other, but in a jokingly manner where no harm is meant at all. As for the non-bolded part, I'm not sure if that was to me or not, but if it was I wasn't trying to hate on the show at all, and I wish it hadn't been taken that way.
Every time we try to get back into discussion on here, it seems as though 1 or 2 people come back to the thread to reiterate that they don't like the show. We understood the first time, and now that the 'war' (which I don't have a problem with- twas fun) is over, there's no need to keep bashing on the people who enjoy it.
This goes along with the no body language or tone thing I was talking about earlier. At first I thought this was talking about my post to others and I took offense because I had said that I wasn't trying to bash anyone or start an argument. But today, I saw it as talking to me about the others who have bashed the show, which changes the feel of the post drastically. If it is in fact to me, which I hope it is, then I can agree that the bashing should stop, but like I said earlier, I didn't see it as serious bashing, but joking opinions, and by no means was I trying to promote the bashing of the topic or people in this thread; many of whom I like and would hope to think I am on good terms with.

So it seems I was misunderstood, probably due to the fact that I took his posts in a different was than others. Also, I'm sorry to hijack the thread, but I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't trying to condone the hating of the show or its viewers. Like I said in the first post, I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone, and I am not trying to start and fights or arguments. I am just trying to clarify that I am not trying to promote or support the hating of the show or the people who watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back