My Mark VI "Sister" Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can tell you certainly have the can-do attitude, and your pep is mighty fine looking, The only thing I could suggest is to check your pep scaling, if you are having this much variation in your scaling, this is a problem, so good luck with that :D

Hey guys so I haven't updated this in a while but it is because I've put this project on hold due to time constraints and the fact that bondo and building materials are pricey.

I thought i'd just update you on my visor installation and re-paint of my helmet. I had to have my mark 6 and kat air assault helmet done today to present to some art teachers for a final project, and since I wanted my mark 6 helmet to look more realistic I painted it red and added more weathering. The visor was HOT GLUED into the helmet so it looks really crappy around the edge, it was a rush job so I will probably redo it to make it look neater. Heres the outcome of it all:

Screenshot2012-05-17at42830PM.png

Screenshot2012-05-17at42839PM.png

Screenshot2012-05-17at42852PM.png

Screenshot2012-05-17at42916PM.png

Fiiiiiiinnnnee. You can join the red team. Hahaha

Are you repainting the entire suit?

sweeeet.
Well..The only painted pieces were the helmet, gloves, and the chest piece. And I am putting this project on hold due to the materials just being pricey and easily breakable. Even though a lot of pieces were done, strengthening them was becoming an expensive pain and things were cracking really easily. So this is kind of an on-hold project, however if I do decide to continue it I will paint it red. :)

Which materials were you using? And yea it can get pricey.. I should know seeing as if you look at the original date on my thread :p

WOW i haven't looked at this thread in a while and since then you have made so much progress
it looks freakin awesome =D really like the helmet and the chest looks really good! keep up the good work

Nice update, I like the color a lot. The visor looks good with the red. I usually hot glue my visors on too. It never comes out that great, but I have a heat knife now and I'm hoping it will allow me to smooth the gap. Nice helmet though!

Oh fantastic! Loving what I'm seeing, and looking forward to see more! I've been using some of your work-in-progress shots to figure out how mine (hopefully!) should look.

So are you planning on keeping it red? or are you doing the rest of your suit that color too? Just thought of that since you made it to be Sister.

lol screw the red team! come back to the good team! And by good team I mean the blue team XD. Nice progress so far! Ugh makes me wish my chest plate was done.

Red is better! Keep it red!!!! The blueish visor is amazing with the red paint =D
Keep up the great work!! Summer is among us- you can work outside again xD
Thanks for the sizing help on the undersuit too!! =D The TMS undersuit is amazing

-Paint is pricey... I sprayed 5 different layers of paint on mine... ( A waste most of the time ) and slightly sanding it all over to make it look rougher...
Paint cost me probably.. 40 dollars... lol hope you have yard sales around and Junk Stores.....(I found a gallon of FIberglass resin for 2 dollars at a yard sale...) =D Happy Armour making Annanymous!

Hay truly awesome work i got to say love the helm!!! Can i ask what size is it ?
Im doing the very same one and think it might be on the big side and i can't try it on as I've put in all the support struts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back